May Fortune Smile on You - 財神駕到 (2017)

Discussion in 'Chinese Drama Discussion' started by b-lee, Jan 9, 2017.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

may-fortune-smile-upon-you-poster-2017.jpg

English Title:

May Fortune Smile On You

Chinese Title:
    財神駕到

Genre:

Pre-modern/Comedy

Producer:
    Lee Tim Sing

Episodes:

Cast:
    Wayne Lai
    Pal Sinn
    Matthew Ho
    Kelly Fu
    Claire Yiu

Synopsis
    One mistake by the God of Fortune changes the fates of Wayne Lai and Pal Sinn. Pal becomes rich and prosperous, while Wayne's wife and daughter leaves him and he now runs a street noodle shop alone. One day, Wayne meets Pal's son, Matthew Ho, and the two of them feel an inexplicable bond. But because of his father's objection, Matthew, along with his bodyguard Jack Wu, can only help out Wayne in secret. Matthew makes special arrangements for Wayne's god-daughter, Kelly Fu, to go work at his father's company. It turns out that Matthew is the incarnation of the God of Fortune. Although he has lost his magic powers, he still brings good luck to the people around him. Unfortunately, his step-mother, Claire Yiu, is the incarnation of the evil spirit and prevents Matthew from getting close to Wayne. Claire arranges for Winki Lai to pretend to be Wayne's long-lost daughter in order to make him lose everything. By heaven's kindness, Matthew is hit with lightning and enlightened just in time to fix the mistake before it's too late. He helps Wayne become rich, but Wayne keeps generously helping other people and cannot accumulate wealth. Matthew decides to catch everyone in one cast and reforms Congratulations Lane, where Wayne lives, to make everyone rich...

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

Kelly's 2nd or 3rd drama, kinda wanna see what she brings :)

3. Niteghost

Niteghost Well-Known Member

Kinda lousy comedy- a far cry from a replacement of "Come Home Love"

4. xaznxryux

meh I think it's just a CNY short sitcom, hence the 15 episodes. I thin in the mean time they are looking for something else to replace CHL

5. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Yep just a short term break from regular Come Home Love.

A new "CHL" series is in production called 愛回家之開心速遞, english title is Our Family Soulmate. Tong Ying Ying, 10 Jai (Mark Ma), Ah Tung (Kalok), and Lam Wor (Ricco Ng) are returning, Lau Dan, Pal Sinn, and Koni Lui are also joining. Sitcom will focus on online shopping i believe.

Anyways, how's this sitcom so far? xaznxryux

6. xaznxryux

oo Koni Lui :woot::woot::woot:

i briefly watched it when visiting my parents, I kinda like it...the idea has been used many times in the past, but it's supposed to be a light series. It's one of those, you're not missing out on, kinda series.

7. kelly fu is pretty... very fresh seeing her as lead shes also in the in the new ruco one too tvb pushing her in new year:hmm:

this has a bit of "old time buddy' feeling too bad its a short one gives them enough time to shhoot new CHL:kelefe:

also this has alot of claire yiu:rayger:

8. ailyeric

ailyeric Well-Known Member

skipping this low-b..udget comedy lol