Matthew Ho shares tips for on-screen kisses

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by Phoenix, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

matthew.jpg

Matthew Ho (何廣沛) and Hera Chan (陳曉華) were spotted filming recently in Sai Wan for their new upcoming drama Paranormal Search Shop -《異搜店》(tentative title) – a story about a man who is able to know the history of whatever items he touches.

Hera revealed that this was her first ever on-screen kiss scene and was slightly nervous, however Matthew was kind enough to share his tips and they managed to complete the scene successfully with only three kiss takes, lasting over 10 seconds in total.

“Matthew was teaching me to hold my breath during the kiss, but I ended being a bit dizzy as I didn’t have enough breath.”

Matthew explained that “When you’re physically so close to each other, it's easy to feel the other person breathing and it can be a bit awkward sharing breaths so I advised Hera to hold her breath. The last time she did it, it was a bit funny as she forgot to take a big breath and the director hadn’t cut the scene yet so she was silently suffering in silence."

Matthew also praised Hera for being prepared by bringing mint gum, knowing it was going to be Hera’s first kissing scene, he was very attentive and calmly explained to Hera how the scene should be done, using his fists to demonstrate. He was more worried as he didn’t want to make it a bad first experience for her.

“Good communication and respect for your partner is very important for these ‘action’ scenes.”

awks.jpg MHkiss.jpg

~~
    source: oncc

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1