Main Theme: The Academy vs On The First Beat

Discussion in 'On The First Beat - 學警出更' started by SUSIE-DANG-1988, Jun 9, 2007.

?

Which one?

1. The Academy 學警雄心

35 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. On The First Beat 學警出更

21 vote(s)
    24.7%
  3. Both

23 vote(s)
    27.1%
  4. Neither

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

Which themesong do you like better and why??

I personally like the 1st one... maybe cos i listened to it more.. but i know i'll prob like this one too. Not sure.. but the english to this series is a put off!!

2. hongkongboy

hongkongboy Well-Known Member

think first one is little better, second is ok la still got a beat to it

3. bumpbump2

bumpbump2 Member

the first one was bettter by a long shot in my opinon.

4. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

the 1st themesong was wayyy better....the new one...its so ermmm....how do you say it....badddd......yeh i really dont like it

5. kirkys

kirkys Well-Known Member

first one is better, buh overall dun like either of em:p

6. philostrate

philostrate Well-Known Member

few days ago there was an article criticizing the main theme...they said that their english pronunciation were terrible...and they picked on ron especially.... and how the lyrics sweat and tears sounded like 'spaghetti' lmao

7. JennV

JennV Well-Known Member

I Like The First One So Much Better && I Dont Know Why
    Just Because It Sounds Better Than "On The First Beat"

8. sillierabbit

sillierabbit Well-Known Member

......uh..bad english is always a turn off for any song lol.

9. popazn

popazn Well-Known Member

the first one was better, it had more lyrics to it, 'on the first beat' has bad english pronunciation, and they kept repeating it over and over it. this totally turns ppl off, but maybe HK locals don't really mind :p

10. gday

gday Well-Known Member

the first one of everything is always betyter coz they TRY so hard to make the sequel just as good however they fail miserably.. they might as well make a new film altogether rather than try to get people to watch the second series with high hopes that it will be just as good as the new one! :(

11. philostrate

philostrate Well-Known Member

so far i haven't watched a series where the sequel is better than the prequel...but i like how they introduce new characters into the series...how michael tao was introduced and his history with michael miu and kenny wong...but i wonder since 90% of the casts are the original ones,where is michelle and the madam who likes chin ka lok in the academy...she's good....

12. demonle

demonle Well-Known Member

yeah, i read that too. i kept listening to it and i have no idea where they hear spaghetti. i even tried to give it an accent and still nothing. maybe all those people were really hungry xD.

but i liked the 1st one more. 2nd theme sounds kinda cheesy when they keep on repeating english part.

13. happii

happii Well-Known Member

i think the academy theme more!

14. stawbewii

stawbewii Well-Known Member

i like both, but maybe the 1st one a lil bit more...yeh...that english does puut u off >_< LOL

15. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

LMAO. it sooo doesn't!
    But their english are okay for the hk people! hahaha. after all they are hong kongese, lol

16. first is good...cause it doesnt have bad english! -lol

17. yayitzmonica

yayitzmonica Well-Known Member

Totally agreeing with you. I hated their english. It gave me a headache i think xD However the tune is pretty catch and i find myself singing and i dont even realize it; i cant even control myself xD

18. rNb99

rNb99 Well-Known Member

i like both. ron's voice is so sweet!

19. ritez

ritez Member

I like the first one much more.. the second sucks at the begining and i dont like the beat..

20. ymk

ymk Active Member

i loved the first one