Maggie Siu (邵美琪) AKA - Emma Yung Cheuk Tung (翁卓桐)

Discussion in 'When Heaven Burns - 天與地' started by brown_bear, Dec 2, 2011.

1. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

[​IMG]

whut do you think of her in this series..??.

i think shes a ickle bit old..playing spoiled kid -__-

2. wal

wal Well-Known Member

eh... i don't care about the age... i just think she's hella annoying playing the retarded/spoiled kid.

3. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

^ya....i like Maggie, but her role is really, and i mean really annoying......

4. gemini

gemini Active Member

ok, good that i'm not the only one who thought this! she's really very very annoying. is it her acting or did the director really wanted her to play it this annoying? (-_-")

5. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

^definitely not her acting....her acting is superb....she's better than all the actress in the nomination of the tvb 2011 tv award...

6. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Her acting ain't bad, it's just this role. It doesn't suit her.

7. 0rchid

0rchid Member

I think she's a horrible miscast in this role.

I do agree with Kevin though; it has nothing to do her acting (since I think she's doing a great job with what she's given with) but rather it's weird seeing someone her age behaving so ditsy and childishly. I think someone younger like Linda Chung (very similar to her role in Twilight Investigation) would pull it off a lot better. Maggie Siu looks too poised and mature for a role like this; it's a bit offsetting :s

I really like her relationship with Moses though. Contrary to what the sister thinks, I think Moses really does love Maggie's character.

8. Ruoyi

Ruoyi Well-Known Member

her role is definitely annoying...i couldn't believe it...cause her role in The Gem of Life was so good..and sophisticated...and here...this annoying spoiled kid role...couldn't believe it...i like her acting...but not this role in this show...

9. phatster

phatster Active Member

She's a really good actress but her role is super irritating n unbelievably stupid. Do super well protected n sheltered ppl end up so incurably naive n blind?

10. dulljill

dulljill Member

yes! the character is so naive and childish!
    and i do think Maggie looks too elegant and mature to play such a ditz.

on the other hand though, her unconditional love and loyalty to Moses is somewhat admirable.

11. silentjess

silentjess Well-Known Member

she acting as a kid is vomit inducing.