Mag Lam Signs With Wong Cho Lam's Production Company

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Dec 10, 2015.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

mag-lam-2015.jpg

After winning first place in The Voice 2 <超級巨聲2> in 2010, Mag Lam (林欣彤) signed under TVB and EEG. Mag was considered to be one of the most promising new stars due to her powerful vocals. Due to her deteriorating health, Mag decided not to renew her contract with TVB and EEG last month and instead hoped to seek out alternate opportunities.

Despite her singing talents, many recording companies were hesitant to sign Mag due to her notoriety for losing control of her emotions. With the pressure of fame, Mag fell into depression and suffered from bulimia in 2012. Although her eating disorder is now under control, her mood continues to be unstable.

However, Mag was recruited and convinced to join Wong Cho Lam’s (王祖藍) new production company. After Cho Lam’s TVB contract expired, he sought funding from Shaw Brothers to start his own company. He was successful in signing Mag after promising to promote her career in Mainland China and featuring her in Hunan TV’s I am a Singer 4 (我是歌手4).

Despite Cho Lam’s promises, the prospect of Mag being a participant on the esteemed show appears uncertain. The program, which successfully boosted G.E.M. Tang‘s (鄧紫棋) music career in China last year, has remained one of the most popular singing competition shows. Even with Wong Cho Lam’s connections, it may be difficult to fulfill his promise of helping Mag earn a spot on the show.

Creds: ihktv

2. TRUEXDREAMS

TRUEXDREAMS Well-Known Member

I like her voice. I hope she gets recognized more.