Mad Detective - 神探 [2007]

Discussion in 'Movies Discussion' started by SUSIE-DANG-1988, Jan 26, 2008.

1. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

[​IMG]

Title: Mad Detective
    Released: 29 November 2007
    Genre: Drama
    Director: Johnnie To, Wai Ka Fai

Casts:
    Lau Ching Wan
    Andy On
    Gordan Lam
    Kelly Lin
    Flora Chan
    Eddy Ko
    Lam Suet
    Cheung Siu Fai
    Jay Lau

Synopsis:
    A missing police pistol is connected to a recent series of heists and murders. Its owner WONG (Lee Kwok Lun) vanished earlier while pursuing a suspect in the mountains. His partner CHI-WAI (Lam Ka Tung) miraculously returned unharmed.

Hotshot Regional Crime Unit inspector HO (Andy On) is in charge if the serial murder investigation. He knows the only chance he has in cracking the case is to ask for help from his mentor/former boss BUN (Lau Ching Wan).

Bun is recognized as a gifted criminal profiler until he went mad several years ago. At his superior’s farewell party, Bun sliced off his right ear and offered it as a present. Bun lives in seclusion with his beloved wife MAY (Kelly Lin) ever since.

Bun has the gift to see into a person’s inner personality. This is where the subconscious desires, emotion and mental state are laid bare. For Bun, they are the key to unlocking a killer’s identity. But for Ho, Bun’s unorthodox approach has put doubt in his mind.

Bun comes to conclusion Chi-wai has a total of seven personalities. The cop’s alternate identities are responsible for his murderous behavior. However, Ho feels betrayed when Bun’s investigation went beyond his imagination. Chi-wai’s lies have managed to penetrate and corrupt his vulnerable self.

What begins as a quest for answer has now taken a schizophrenic turn where truth and lies, reality and delusions intertwine.

Trailer:
    [youtube]EFUlnV9DBwo[/youtube]

#1 SUSIE-DANG-1988, Jan 26, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  2. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

I download it and i didn't watch it yet, i still have it on my cpu..

3. dynasty888

dynasty888 New Member

It's pretty good. You'll be surprised and confused at the same time.

I give 5 star rating. Better than those no name movies.

4. ryan85

ryan85 Member

izzit better than detective C + starring by aaron kwok?

5. knimlot

knimlot New Member

i think this movie is good ... i love lau ching wan ! he's one of my favorite actor !

6. unclebuck888

unclebuck888 Member

wonder if its good or not havent seen it yet
    how can i dl it

7. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

Movie is kinda good.But some parts are confusing.I had to re-watch few times....

8. burnburn

burnburn Well-Known Member

The concept in Mad Detective was quite ingenious, but the film sort of lose track when Lau Ching Wan goes on his detective work. His character becomes uninteresting. Also Andy On's character gets a bit lost in the film also.

But I guess it is the film's style to have characters with lacked emotions which draws it apart from other crime dramas from Hong Kong at the moment.

Worth the watch for the mystery to unfold. But the ending? Hhhmmm.

3/5

9. beckham

beckham Well-Known Member

i think tis one is another master piece from johnie to
    very suspense... love how he solve the mystery

10. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol wow , just watched the trailer, looks so good, esp when its like a supernatural Mystery movie ^^

11. beckham

beckham Well-Known Member

then u try watch it
    then u feel crazy in middle of the story
    haha

12. binhha

binhha Member

agreed, youll be so much intrested in the movie in the middle !