Louise Lee as 白筱柔

Discussion in 'The Gem of Life - 珠光寶氣' started by love_of_tvb, Oct 19, 2008.

1. love_of_tvb

love_of_tvb Well-Known Member

(from TVB.com, wikipedia.com)

She is the wife of 康青楊 (played by John Chiang) and mother of 康雅言、康雅瞳、and 康雅思 (Maggie Siu, Gigi Lai, and Ada Choi). She came from Shanghai and has lived a wealthy life ever since. Her precious diamonds are her three daughters, which she cherishes the most. At a very young age, her daughters were all trained well as to how to live in a wealthy society. Because of her, all her daughter's first marriages were failures. She later suffered from memory loss.

2. jasminekpk

jasminekpk Member

Its quite refreshing that she played a different role this time, unlike othe drama where she always plays the patient n humble mother.After watching 15 episodes, I m beginning to accept her playing such role i.e the manipulating n cunning mother

3. colbne

colbne Well-Known Member

Yes, it's a totally different role for her this time and being the veteran that she is, she is convincing in this new role.

4. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

Mmm...too bossy for my liking, but still better than her 'hor ma' role in MR

5. zeewee

zeewee Well-Known Member

She's going to suffer from memory loss? Oh boy...that'll be sad to watch.

6. very manipulative... but very smart hahaha... half of me hates her character but the other half loves her... i think her acting is great... love how she told off linda in EP. 27

7. WingLin

WingLin Active Member

i dont think she suited with the husband she has ...she looks much other then her husband

8. Alco

Alco Member

At the beginning, I see 白筱柔 in the same angle that her other role: as a generous person, a comprehensive women but I was so surprise to find out that she is more manipulative then before. It seem she use her daughters to get what she dream of: money & wealthy life.

9. endlessluv42

endlessluv42 Well-Known Member

I prefer watching Louse as "Hor Ma." This type of character makes me annoyed with her.

10. szemunn

szemunn Well-Known Member

good acting esp on the Alzheimer's disease-related scenes. the best actress from heart of greed to moonlight resonance and now the gem of life.

11. melip

melip Member

louise lee's portrayal of this character makes it seem like she can't act...

12. 7.up

7.up Well-Known Member

she's good with her role. everyone was very much used to the humble mother image of her. but now, we get to see another side of that. and just proves that she's a good actress at her age still!!
    but god, her character is such a bitch.. its like selling her daughters...lol

13. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

aww i think shes a really good actress...i remember when she was in kindred spirit...haha...

the bit when she takes the rap for jessica's driving incident made me cry how when shes a
    mum she'll understand how she feels and how shes willing to protect her kids from wind and rain...

14. blueaura18

blueaura18 Active Member

some excellent acting again. very clever character who schemes and manipulates for her daughters. very different from her previous roles but she still does it very well.