Los Angeles Trip

Discussion in 'Traveling Abroad' started by KaY_xD, Jun 2, 2012.

1. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

Planning to go to L.A. this summer. What's good to go besides the typical stuff like Hollywood Blvd and Universal Studio? Good (prob cheap too) places to eat? (i know the famous in and out burger lol).

I hope I'd be good with public transportation there x.x

2. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

compton

3. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

Lol. I hear Oakland is great this time of the year.

4. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

oakland not in LA!!!! :facepalm: And last time i went in march, wasnt bad:trollface2:

5. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

go to disney land

6. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

venice beach definitely six flags is near la too!

7. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

Lol hang out with Kontra :p Was just chillin with him yesterday, he knows his city headbang2

8. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

I just came back from there. Where are you staying?

The in/out burger thing was typical. LOL

Depending on where you stay, you'll need to drive. You could try the metro which is the public transportation system. In terms of the food stuff, I really didn't find anything too outstanding, but there are definitely a lot of diff't shops. LA wasn't what I thought it would be, still it was an experience. Have fun.

9. kontradictions

It was good to finally meet you. Hit me up next time you're in LA. headbang2

BTW, don't go to Six Flags, that place is ghetto as hell. It's cheap to get in so all the kids go there. Teenage kids high on adrenaline is never a good thing.

10. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

yeah i dont wanna go to six flags, have it here in east coast prob better anyway. I either staying at some random person's or hotel lol. and cant drive :x

11. tranceNrg

tranceNrg Well-Known Member

I just came back from LA a couple weeks ago too.
    Since LA its really really big, i would say just go rent a car for transportation...
    Public transit sucked so much when I was there, it took almost 1 1/2 hours just to get to Santa Monica from Down Town.

I went to Santa Monica.. It was a nice place.. IN fact I was lucky enough to see one of the filmings for an up coming movie

12. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

-whistle grab some food at Monterey Park, San Gabriel Valley, Arcadia, etc.
    Din Tai Fung in Arcadia maybe (I never been there, heard it was good)? I only know places to eat :xd:

13. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

L.A has the worst public tranportation

14. CrazyMoFo

CrazyMoFo Well-Known Member

Yep Yep....Monterey Park has some of the best asian cusines! Din Tai Fung was great a couple of years ago. But now they have gotten sloppy with their food and not as good anymore. I was a big fan, but now that they have a few other branches they are not as good. I even went to the one in Tokyo....now that was good!

Agree with all about public transportation. You definitely need a car to get around in LA.......argh...that LA traffic is a nightmare too!

15. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

roscoes in hollywood...tbh i didnt really think it was that special but people love that ish!

16. kontradictions

Is the Roscoes in Hollywood better than the one in Pasadena?

17. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

no idea never went to that one.

18. kontradictions

I've never been to the Hollywood one because I keep hearing that the parking there sucks ass.

19. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

it does lol