Linda Chung's Ambitious Goals

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Feb 11, 2013.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

linda-chung-ambitious-music.jpg

“Each new year, I hope to have a breakthrough. I’ve been waiting all along. I hope that 2013 will be a brave year,” Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣) said.

Born under the sign of the rat, Linda’s career is predicted to prosper in the Year of the Golden Snake. The hardworking 28-year-old aims high and eyes the Best Actress Award and Female Singer Awards in 2013.

Acting Goals

As more TVB artists are participating in mainland projects, Linda yearns for the chance to film in China as well. Although the filming fees in mainland China are several times higher than in Hong Kong, Linda’s main motivation is not money, but rather the chance to improve her acting skills and widen her perspective.

Linda also believes that it is time to attempt roles she has not portrayed, such as villain roles. In the past, she feared acting such roles due to her own lack of confidence and others’ perceptions of her. Linda wishes to step away from her own comfort zone in order to push herself further and give audiences a refreshing feeling.

Current TVB dramas contain heavy-flavored scenes such as rape and revealing bed scenes to attract ratings. Actresses such as Kate Tsui (徐子珊) and Samantha Ko (高海寧) received wide publicity for their rape scenes in Highs and Lows <雷霆掃毒> and Friendly Fire <法網狙擊> respectively. Despite her pure image, Linda is also willing to film such scenes provided they are necessary for the script.

“I’m okay [with such scenes]. I don’t like to be restricted. If it’s necessary for the character, I can accept it. Of course, it shouldn’t be included haphazardly.”

Music Goals

Last year, Linda received surprisingly positive results with her music album, Love Love Love, which achieved platinum sales status. Linda also received multiple music awards, including the Best Female Singer title at the 2012 Metro Radio Hits Music Awards.

Since entering the industry for 8 years, last year was the least stressful year for Linda. “When you leave behind your stubbornness and tension, then what belongs to you will naturally come.”

Linda will hold her first mini-concert this year. “It’s important to take the first step. If the mini-concert has a good response, then there is a chance to strive for a bigger performance platform. Similar to Raymond Lam (林峯), my goal is the Hong Kong Coliseum. I don’t know if I will have the opportunity, but I will focus my goal towards this path. I am mentally preparing myself.”

Creds: Ming Pao