Linda Chung Admits to Being Married Already

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by Phoenix, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

Linda Chng.jpg

Shocking announcement from Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣) today, TVB's favourite good girl. Having been linked to ex-boyfriend and potential husband Philip Ng (伍允龍) in recent news, Linda announced that she was already married to someone outside the entertainment circle last year. Her husband Jeremy is reported to be the nephew of TVB Chairman Norman Leung (梁乃鹏).

The couple have plans to hold their wedding reception in Vancouver this Friday 27th February.

Handwritten Statement from Linda:

"Today I have an announcement to make, I'm married.

I want to give thanks to the media for the care and support they have always given me, but my close friends will know that in regards to relationships and family, I have always kept it low-key, hoping to protect my family from the unnecessary attention and pressure. However in my heart, I've always hoped to be like everyone else, to have my own family and to live a simple but happy life."

"Thank you Lord, the beginning of last year, I finally met him - my husband, Jeremy from Vancouver. For as long as we've known each other, we've found that we have many similar beliefs in values, faith and never ending conversation topics. He is mature, full of love and care, Loves our Lord and treats me with respect and tender care.

Our love has been supported by both our families, and they wish for us to live our lives together and to start to build a family, one that I hope to build with Jeremy, a simple and happy family.

Finally, last autumn, Jeremy proposed to me, I said yes because I was certain and sure that he was my Mr Right in this lifetime. Under the witness of God and our parents, we had a formal and simple ceremony. We respected the wishes of our parents and picked a prosperous date to hold our reception , wishing to share some of the joy and happiness with our loved ones.

I hope I will be a loving mum and caring wife, and that I will be able to take care of my husband and family. In regards, to his news, I'm afraid I won't be saying anymore, I hope everyone will grant us some space, when the time comes, we will announce our happy news.

In here, I would like to thank my sisters Amazing Esters: Leanne (李亞男), Eliza(岑麗香), Grace (王君馨) and Christine(苟芸慧). Thank you for protecting my secret for so long. Thank you to Ms Lok(樂易玲), and our TVB artists department, especially when our relationship started its tentative growth, you all protected our privacy and made many arrangements and compromises. Thank you to all my friends, especially the Media for the love and support you have given me . I hope you can extend that love and support to my husband Jeremy, and help me to protect him as well and please be understanding that he may not know how to face you guys.

Lastly in conclusion, I thank God, for letting me meet Jeremy, and with His Protection, bless our marriage and each and everyone of you will be safe and happy. "

~~~~

Creds: Oncc

#1 Phoenix, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Win! Win! x 1
  2. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

Linda-Chung-husband-2016.jpg

After reports surfaced that Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣) may have a shotgun wedding due to an unplanned pregnancy, the 31-year-old announced that she has been in fact married since fall 2015. The wedding banquet will take place on February 27 in Vancouver. While Linda remained silent on her pregnancy rumors, many speculate she is already five months pregnant as she is beginning to show a belly bulge.

Linda’s husband is TVB Chairman Norman Leung‘s (梁乃鵬) nephew, a Canadian-Chinese chiropractor known as Jeremy. Linda met Jeremy through her elder sister who knows him through his chiropractic practice. Employing seven staff members, the 41-year-old chiropractor earns close to $1 million USD per year.

Jeremy and Linda dated for about a year before he proposed to her. He is a very tolerant boyfriend who often gives in to Linda, and has successfully won the approval of Linda’s parents.

Broke Up with Philip Ng

Apart from rejecting Raymond Lam‘s (林峯) pursuit in her early career, Linda has only been involved with one other celebrity, martial arts star Philip Ng (伍允龍). Linda dated Philip for seven years but the relationship ended last year when Linda wanted to get married, but Philip had no such plans. Linda was so heartbroken that she flew back to Canada to recover from the breakup. That was when she subsequently met Jeremy.

Wedding Announcement

Making her wedding announcement today, Linda wrote:

“Today, I wish to announce that I’m getting married! Thank you, all my friends in the media who have always shown me a lot of concern. But those who know me well would know that I tend to keep my personal life low-profile. I have always wanted to protect my family members, who don’t belong in the entertainment industry, as best as I can. Just like all of you, I have also always wanted to set up my own family and lead a simple but content life.

“Thank you God, as I finally met him at the beginning of last year – my fiancé, Jeremy from Vancouver. We got to know each other and discovered that we both share the same [Christian] faith and similar values, and never run out of things to talk about. He is mature and loving, a devout man of God, and is also gentle and sweet to me.

“We fell in love and also received the support of our parents. Their hope is for us to settle down and start a family. I too wish to start a simple but blissful family with Jeremy.

“Finally, sometime in Autumn last year, Jeremy proposed to me. I said, ‘Yes’. I am certain that he is Mr. Right for me. At the end of last year, we had a simple but formal ceremony to register our marriage, witnessed by both sets of parents. With their blessings, we have also selected an auspicious date and will be holding a wedding banquet on February 27. We hope to celebrate our marriage with family and friends.

“I hope that in the future, I will be a good wife and good mother, and look after my husband and family well. As for other rumors, I will not be responding to them. Please allow me to preserve some space. At the appropriate time, I will be sure to share any good news I have with everyone.

“I must also thank all my good friends, Leanne, Eliza, Grace and Christine! It’s been tough on you girls for having kept my secret for so long! Thanks also to Ms. Virginia Lok (乐易玲) and the entire artiste management team at TVB for all their help in coordinating the logistics necessary for keeping my relationship under wraps. I would also like to thank all my friends who care for me, as well as friends in the media. Thank you for giving me so much love. I hope that you all will extend this love to Jeremy and help me protect him, as well as forgive him as he may not be well-versed in dealing with the media.

“Finally, I would like to thank God for allowing me to meet Jeremy. May God bless our marriage and bless each and every one of you with lots of joy and peace!”

linda-chung-married-2016.jpg linda-chung-married-2016-2.jpg

Creds: ihktv

#2 b-lee, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  3. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Wow, shocking....

How the hell did this happened...

4. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

I know right??!!! EvilTofu

I saw this article...and I was like say whaat? I HAD to translate it LOL

Sometime between she broke up with Philip after 8 years, she met this guy ......1 and a bit years later......wedding bells...

From potential Rebound ----> true love?

Either way - as long as she's happy

5. joojoo

joojoo Well-Known Member

:wot: :wot: :wot: :wot: :wot: total randomness....

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. LindaChung11.jpg

She's 5 months pregnant already

#6 charlestsy, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

it's basiaclly a "F YOU MEDIA, YALL GOT IT ALL WRONG"

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Agree. It's always weird that a couple doesn't get married after 8 years but after the breakup and dating a new one, they get married in such a short amount of time.

Guy probably knocked her up and had to marry her since her beliefs are Christianity, not sure if she's hardcore Christian that it's no sex before marriage though but a good way to cover it up if she found out she was pregnant early :shino:. If she is indeed pregnant, the rumours will always be whether or not it's a shotgun marriage.

Innocent on outside but wild on inside is Linda :kevin:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Linda gold diggin too

:cry2:

10. TRUEXDREAMS

TRUEXDREAMS Well-Known Member

WOW shocking. Dude looks much older =\ Hope he is Mr. Right.

11. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

You think? Dang that would suck if she is...and probably obvious that it is shotgun wedding if she indeed is preggo right now! Time will tell...in the next few months that is :p

12. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

Who was the DA member after Linda?

13. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Probably exchanged the 2016 TVB Queen as a condition to marry this guy :kelefe:

K9 cop good enough? More like 9k Diamond ring:kevin:

14. snk1

snk1 Well-Known Member

WOW...are u freaking seriously ??? He look like her father What the hell ??? Cmon man cant believed

15. moonlightshadow

moonlightshadow Well-Known Member

it has to be the gold diggin man! She is like Phillip meh! No 9 Carat diamond ring. TV Queen please i can get that anytime now. Especially with this guy nephew of chairman!.

9 Carat ring would cost heaps man...mine was 1.something for my gf and that cost me heaps >.<

16. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

We'll all know if she's pregnant in a few more months, can't hide that baby bump when she's 7-8 months into it.

Like someone said, she was pretty religious with her group, that no sex before marriage.

17. wingwing

wingwing Member

wow she married a guy look like his uncle, I agree K9 diamond , gold digger Linda, typical girl! :lol::lol::lol:

18. wingwing

wingwing Member

What shes a christian? Disgrace, to God and church !

19. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

Shocking, random, happy for her? ALL in one.... 8 years vs 1 year dating...phew!

20. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

:moses: