Life on the Line - 跳躍生命線 (2018)

Discussion in 'Chinese Drama Discussion' started by shinobi, Oct 6, 2018.

1. shinobi

shinobi PA ='(

Top Poster of the Month

[​IMG]

English Title:

Life on the Line

Chinese Title:
    跳躍生命線

Genre:

Modern/Health

Producer:
    Fong Chun Chiu

Episodes:

Cast:
    Joe Ma
    Moon Lau
    Matthew Ho
    Jeannie Chan
    Ali Lee (Guest Star)
    Joey Law
    Kelly Cheung
    Arnonld Kwok
    Bob Cheung

Synopsis:
    Ever since his wife CHEUNG WAI-SUM (Ali Lee) was killed by a drunk driver, Principal Ambulanceman MAK CHAY-TIN (Joe Ma) has been living together with his only daughter LOK-YEE, older sister OI-FA (Pinky Cheung) and sister-in-law CHEUNG HO-KEI (Moon Lau). The loss of his wife makes CHAY-TIN hate those rule-breakers and any reckless behaviors. At work, he is stern about everything! His new subordinate CHEUK KA-KIT (Matthew Ho) acts on impulse, and conflict often ensues as a result. Moreover, as a perfectionist, their new superior Probationary Ambulance Officer TAM KA-CHUN (Joey Law) constantly picks on KA-KIT, adding extra pressure to their teammates. Caught in the middle, CHAY-TIN works relentlessly to bridge the differences between them in an effort to promote a spirit of teamwork, cultivating an elite rescue unit to save more lives when facing a variety of challenges……

Airing October 8th replacing Story of Yanxi Palace 延禧攻略

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Been waiting for this.. been a while since last Jni one

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. shinobi

shinobi PA ='(

Top Poster of the Month

the van in the show reminds me of Stephy and Bosco one from that movie lol

[​IMG]

4. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Most realistic dramatization? Spinning the IO drill before using it; everybody does that, LOL... But, damn... they have to draw up their own epi from ampules? Like... WTF?

5. shinobi

shinobi PA ='(

Top Poster of the Month

already like the show more than "the stunt"

didn't know EMT training was this hard similar to cops/fire fighter:hmm:

6. ralphrepo

HK'ers love these military 'academy' type shows; it's become formulaic ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

I actually quite like this show so far, I'm just a sucker for medical and teamwork related shows. However with that said, I am unsure if they are really trained to that level. I have a few friends who are EMTs and Firemen and their training are different, the training to become a firemen is much more difficult, strict and "bias" vs the training to become an EMT, so I am unsure why the show is portraying it's the same, unless Hong Kong uses a different system or the show is dramatizing the field

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. ralphrepo

You might find this of interest; watch the video there on the page. This is the FDNY EMT requirement. It goes through their physical testing. Also, it seems that a candidate must already have their EMT certificate before being put on the list to be hired by NYC.

http://www.joinfdny.com/careers/ems/

#8 ralphrepo, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. xaznxryux

thanks! my friend is probably using this reference https://www.mass.gov/service-details/learn-about-initial-training-requirements-for-ems-personnel

I helped my friend passed his test a couple months ago, but I'm still not that familiar with our system. I know he wants to be a firemen but he's already considered overage and doesn't meet some of the requirements

10. ralphrepo

Thanks for your response. Given that both NY State and Mass, has similar requirements, I would think that the majority of the US is likely the same; that prehospital type personnel get their training in relatively less physical settings than fire personnel. That is, unless they were firemen first, that were then cross trained as EMTs. I too, had tried out for the fire department right after I'd gotten out of the military. I was in great shape at the time. I trained further for almost six months and I'd gotten a pretty good score on that physical, but the overall test was later thrown out because of a lawsuit by blacks and hispanics, complaining that the test was not fair to them. When the test came around again several years later, I was already doing something else so I missed out on it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. xaznxryux

thanks for serving!

all my friend told me was he's already at a disadvantage because most fire departments prefer those under 30 and have had military backgrounds which both he does not meet, he said he'd be lucky if he can get a position at a smaller town but even that is unlikely. He still wants to be an EMT though. He's giving up a high paying office job to get his hands very dirty, i think it's very noble and worth respecting, but it will be a significant salary decrease for him

• Like Like x 1
  12. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

First drama I’ve watched in ages,
    Watched 3 eps back to back ~ it’s refreshing although i don’t recognise half the faces lol
    I like watching Joe Ma

• Like Like x 1
  13. shinobi

shinobi PA ='(

Top Poster of the Month

is he the only one you know :kelefe:

14. Phoenix

Lol! With 100% accuracy, I do recognise him haha
    I recognise some of the older casts and you guy’s favourite girl Ali lee.
    Some faces I know but I dunno their names :lol:

15. jdm_s2k

jdm_s2k Well-Known Member

so sad ali lee died so fast

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. shinobi

shinobi PA ='(

Top Poster of the Month

:yao:

• Like Like x 1
  17. ralphrepo

Dammit... I was pissed. Bob Cheung Yin Pok, He was a great supporting character... Can't believe he's already riding the big ambulance in the sky...

#17 ralphrepo, Nov 7, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. shinobi

shinobi PA ='(

Top Poster of the Month

lol that 'river' girl is from viu tv right? :hmm: she is so not tvb style hipster cafe girl :lol:

19. Phoenix

Episode 20-21 was too emotional for me... man I’m crying my eyes out, my heart hurts, can’t breathe the nose is running... lord the full works. :'(
    Jeeze..... this drama (Y)

• Like Like x 2
  20. ralphrepo

Honestly, he could have just held onto the window guards instead of trying to jump back across.