LG - Unfortunately, Home has stopped

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by spider-man, Dec 22, 2014.

1. spider-man

spider-man Well-Known Member

When I start up my LG L7 phone, once it loads up to the home screen there is a toast message saying "Unfortunately, Home has stopped". After that, nothing seems to be loading up on my phone. I can't access to any of my apps and settings on my phone. I was able to view my files on my computer when I plug my phone to my PC.

I've tried hard resetting the phone using the "press the power, volume down, home button at the same time" method, but I wasn't able to go into the hard reset page.

I previously rooted this phone and I uninstalled some of the bloatware apps, but I know what I was doing.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue? Thanks :)

[​IMG]
    The background is my home screen image.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 spider-man, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  2. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

My assumption is that you might have accidentally uninstalled some core apps that runs the phone.. But if it was working previously, I'm not sure then...

3. spider-man

You might be right. After uninstalling the bloatware apps, my phone wasn't working after restart. The only way I can think of to solve this is somehow use my pc to factory reset the phone.

I'll try this method out later: http://yourbusiness.azcentral.com/factory-resetting-android-phone-computer-24513.html

#3 spider-man, Dec 22, 2014
  4. spider-man

Stage 2:
    I managed to do a hard reset the phone using this guide: http://www.hard-reset.com/lg-optimus-l7-p700-hard-reset.html

but I'm still receiving this message: Unfortunately, Home has stopped.

I was thinking about removing all the internal files in my phone and replacing it with the default LG internal files that originally comes with my phone (hopefully I can find the resource files for this online).
    What do you think? I don't know the exact terms for this process, so it's kind of hard for me to look it up.
    I'm still finding a way to "factory reset my phone".

#4 spider-man, Dec 22, 2014
  5. runtohell121

You're better off doing a factory reset via settings if you can access it. If not, look for some kind of LG software for your computer that works with your phone and see if you can do a complete factory restore on it or not.

6. spider-man

I can't access the settings on my phone. I tried looking for LG software. The only one I could find is "LG PC suite IV".

7. take it back to LG Service Center

8. runtohell121

Sending it back to LG is not an option as he voided the warranty due to rooting/changing the phone's software.

9. spider-man

I figured it out. I just "unbricked" my phone. lol
    link: http://www.hackmyandroid.com/unbrick-lg-l7-p700-android-phone/2531
    Thanks for your help.
    It seems like the firmware also upgraded my Android version.
    Yay. I ended up rooting the phone again, but this time I didn't remove the bloatware apps. lol