Leehom takes las vegas by storm

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by TvbAddict, Nov 29, 2005.

1. TvbAddict

TvbAddict Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Having been in the industry for 10 years, this is Wang Leehom¡¦s first United States concert. It is to be held in Caesar¡¦s Palace in Las Vegas on 12/25/2005. This is indeed a rare and landmark event for Leehom¡¦s overseas fans to experience this one-of-a-kind musician¡¦s charm and talents. Leehom has had concert guests ranging from close friend and Japanese superstar Gackt to rumored girlfriend A-Mei, this time HK star Joyce Lee is his guest. Many of his fans have waited for years for this opportunity, ¡§I¡¦m flying all the way from New Jersey to see Leehom,¡¨ exclaimed long time fan Christine Yang, ¡§I mean who knows what the next opportunity for me to see him perform is, I don¡¦t want to wait another 10 years.¡¨

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wang Leehom¡¦s concerts have always entertained, receiving almost perfect reviews from critics. In his Malaysian Concert this year, he not only played the piano but also danced on top of it. In his Shanghai concert in 2004 he slid down a 75 ft pole at the to start his concert off. In his Taipei concert in 2003, he played drums on a 360 degree revolving platform. And at almost all his concerts Leehom performs 4 to 5 of the 10 instruments he knows how to play. Wang Leehom¡¦s interaction and excitement with his fans is second to none. At his Hong Kong concert he hit his head and it began to bleed. However, the party must go on, and Leehom just continued with his show.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wang Leehom started out in the industry as just an ¡§idol.¡¨ However he proved many of his critics wrong and broke through the stereotype of just an ¡§idol.¡¨ In fact many of his colleagues at Sony joke that Leehom is a studio-in-one. Having a perfectionist attitude Leehom is known to not sleep for days on end in order to perfect his album. He produces, composes, arranges, plays instrumentals, sings background vocals, and even writes lyrics for his own songs (which is quite a task considering he did no learn Mandarin until he was 18). Recently he has also delved into directing his own music videos, having directed 3 on his last album Shangri-la.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Having graduated from Williams, the top liberal arts college in America, Leehom hails from a family of academicians; his big brother attended John Hopkins and his little brother is currently attending MIT. Leehom originally had planned to pursue a pre-med career after being accepted into Princeton and Yale, however he realized his true passion was for music. His choice was indeed wise as at the age of 23 he was the youngest recipient of the Taiwan GMA Best Male Artist and Best Producer award. He once again repeated his Best Producer feat in 2004 for his album Unbelievable. Leehom completely revolutionized the Taiwanese industry when he brought an R/B sound to Chinese music in his 1998 album Revolution. To this day he is still among the top-tier artists of the Mandarin music scene.

Translated by: Appletart @ Leeh0msNclub.
    Credit: http://www.ettvusa.com/

2. jaime

jaime Member

i so want to go!! but i don't have money for plane tickets!! darn it!

3. Jerjai

Jerjai Well-Known Member

so talented, he can play 10 instruments, i have troubling playing one

4. that is crazy lee homs first concert in the US! and he's from new york! talented indeed!

5. iam2cool

iam2cool Member

crazy, i really shouldve went there, all the famous asians hold tehir concerts in las vegas

6. naruto1314

naruto1314 Well-Known Member

very talent person

7. ukbutterflygal

ukbutterflygal Well-Known Member

wow he is so talented...he plays so many instruments:p

8. edchyau

edchyau Member

asian artists should definitely perform more in the US. some people have very mislead conceptions of asian music.

9. way2

way2 New Member

leehom in the us, good for him

10. leehom was the babysitter for one of my friends back when he was reallly young. thought that was kinda cool.

11. ecotone

ecotone Active Member

Did he come from a very very very very very rich family or something?
    I swear tuition fees for him and all of his siblings in the best American institutions must have cost $$$!!!

12. kinni3

kinni3 Well-Known Member

I WANTED TO go to his concerts. :) he's soo talented

13. roostachic

roostachic Member

i'm in love with him!

14. sitorbewwi

sitorbewwi Well-Known Member

omg i never realised he was in las vegas at that time.. SO WAS I ! AND IN THAT SAME HOTEL TOO ><" ..dayyaaam... =_="

15. sir_denster

sir_denster Well-Known Member

Wow...that's crazy. I can't believe Leehom's been in the industry for 10 years and this was his first concert in the US, you'd think he would have had one earlier or something seeing as how he was raised here.

16. agreed.. i think i said that in another thread too haha.

good 2 see you posting again denny! :p