Leehom should take"Kiss Goodbye" out of his album

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by whoaitselaine, Apr 25, 2006.

1. whoaitselaine

whoaitselaine Well-Known Member

Posted by singerchick @ www.asianfanatics.net/forum/

Preview of "FINALLY" at youtube (Note the video is from one of Leehom’s movies and not for the song.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0AW0QG93ZM

[​IMG]

Picture from SeGame commercial

Of Leehom’s own composed songs, he has only released around 100. What happened to the other songs he composed? Many composers have many songs that they do not release. Leehom is no different. He always carries his lab top with him and composes songs whenever he has free time but of every 10 songs he composes, he is lucky to publish one of them. Most of his songs are just left in his hard drive or are just left as demos in Yahoo Briefcase.

The song that has caused the most impact is a song called, “Finally.” This song was written for the SeGame (www.segame.com) commercial, and never officially released. Many fans are complaining that it should have come with his GSYX album. On boards and such, fans have expressed that it is a shame that the song, which is also a ballad, wasn’t released. Others claim that they like this ballad better than “Kiss Goodbye," and they are willing to 'sacrifice' that song for Finally. “I would rather have Finally in the album, than Kiss Goodbye,” Xiao Ke expressed. Many fans have even contacted Sony asking when “Finally” will officially be released. But Sony has given no official reply.

In fact many of Leehom’s hyped songs have never made it to his albums:

Leehom and JJ Lin co-wrote a song together, but due to company difficulties, that song all recorded and finished, had to be scrapped.

Leehom and A-mei also sang a love song duet, but that song was never released also due to distribution rights and as highly anticipated as that song was, that song has disappeared.

In 2000, Leehom and Coolio co-wrote a song for Noriko Fujiwara, but that song didn’t even reach production and his company scrapped the entire project.

Leehom also has recorded 50+ English songs, including entire English versions of his songs from his “Forever’s First Day” and “Wei Yi” album, but those songs just may never see the daylight. Leehom has decided to focus on Chinese music and doesn’t have any plans of releasing any English albums.

However, fans have been finding Leehom’s demos of scarps of songs over the Internet. Including an English song called, “Come and Get It,” which was recorded in the summer of 2004 at a production studio in New York. Other songs include certain English versions of songs from his albums. Many fans have been wondering why the company doesn’t allow Leehom to release those songs.

2. kinni3

kinni3 Well-Known Member

WOW really i like the song "kiss goodbye" its a good song :)

3. whoaitselaine

whoaitselaine Well-Known Member

I listened to part of that song "finally" on YouTube.. I still like Kiss Goodbye ^^