Latest News On Upcoming X-Men Films

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by shinobi, Jun 5, 2006.

1. New Details on the X-Men Spinoffs
    Source: USA Today June 1, 2006

USA Today has published an update on the various "X-Men" spinoffs in the works, including Wolverine, Magneto, one on the kids and another on Emma Frost. The newspaper's scoop:

The first spinoff will be Hugh Jackman's Wolverine. His character has an as-yet-unrevealed back story in which researchers replaced his original bones with a metal skeleton. Jackman has signed on to star and co-produce, and X-Men producer Lauren Shuler Donner says it will likely head into production next year.

"We've also talked about doing something on the kids in (Professor X's) school, focusing on their lives, and less of a global adventure for the team," says Hutch Parker, production president of 20th Century Fox.

The studio is also exploring a movie with Three Kings director David O. Russell based on the character of Emma Frost, a sexy mutant telepath who can transform her skin into diamonds. She is an X-Men comics regular but was not featured in the movies.

Another likely solo project: Magneto, also in the script phase. The film will focus on his youthful pre-villain days, Shuler Donner says.

Though it would require a younger actor for those sequences, she says the film would need Ian McKellen to anchor the flashbacks. "What's a Magneto movie without Ian?" she asks.

credits: superherohype.com

2. shadow Thi3f

shadow Thi3f Well-Known Member

I dont know about all these spin offs. A Wolverine spinoff is alright cuz he has a rich history but i would rather they do another X-Men movie. Emma Frost? Shes cool and all but not that popular of a character. Its going to be hard to market that movie. They should of put her in one of the previous X-Men movies before giving her a movie. Magneto is alright, but not really looking forward in watching it. I will probably watch it since Im a true X-Men fanatic.

Here are Emma's other abilities: Telepathy, Mind control and manipulation, make you think that you are feeling pain and make you think that you are feeling pleasure, help mutants unlock certain hidden abilities.

3. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

wolfverine!!!!!!

4. THF20

THF20 is a Chinese

Oh yeah... thanks for the newly updated info.

5. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

Emma Frost !!!!!!!

6. stef

stef Well-Known Member

lol i've seen it but i dont find it very very good ^^ ( i dont say i dont find it good ^^ )

7. kirbyh2o

kirbyh2o Member

i want a storm one

8. Airree

Airree Well-Known Member

lol I agree with him. Emma Frost isn't to popular.. I actually didn't learn of her until, I developed a deeper interest in the X-men a little after the second movie came out.. and I began to pester my brothers about it and asking questions and stuff.. then he ended up digging out his old comics for me to read them. actually.. I currently still don't know much about her.

Magneto would be alright like he said.. although I'm not looking forward to it too much. Hes a big character and all, but I'm not too interested in him considering he is practically everywhere.

Wolverine would probably be the most interesting, although X-men United was kinda about him...