Ladies, Shave or Wax?

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by ab289, Jul 18, 2007.

1. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

I guess this question is for the ladies. do you shave or wax your legs? People say if you shave your hair on your legs, it'll grow back, even bushier. Does that mean waxing is better?

2. lee-lee

lee-lee Well-Known Member

i'm asian so hair growth doesn't really happen. i shave and it usually lasts like 3 days. what girls get bushy hairy legs? ewwwwwwwww....

3. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

^ no ... what i meant is, if you shave it, does the hair grows back longer and heavier?

4. shuijei

shuijei Member

when you shave, you cut the hair at an angle so it appears thicker and "bushier" but that's just a myth.
    between those two choices, i prefer shaving over waxing. waxing hurts and last time that i tried that...i got ingrown hairs and it was a pain to pull out. not to mention....those red itchy dots had to be covered up in long pants :-(

5. wax... hair grows back thinner... actually i don't do it anymore coz it's really thin n u can't even feel it... so i don't bother...

6. qoo

qoo Well-Known Member

none.. i dont need to shave or wax cause the hair on my arms + legs are really thing and short- they go unnoticed. plus, i dont like wearing shorts or skirts- haha. are for my underarms.. i dont have any hair there ><.. BUTTT for my eyebrows.. i use the threading technique and i use a tweezer to brush up on it sometimes.. however, when my friends talk (casually), the majority of them use the spray type of stuff. the spray type burn the root of the hair and so it is easy whiped off.. for some people using the spray may brun (probably because they have sensitive skin)

7. kiba92

kiba92 Member

I usually just shave or pluck my hair

8. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

this is so interesting ... new techniques!

9. just use lazer n rove them all once n for all.... (well... may b more than once)

10. pinkapples

pinkapples Well-Known Member

Lol....i just pluck it cos i think it takes longer to grow back...I do not like shaving or waxing cause for shaving it grows back too fast....I think one of ma regret in life is waxing ma leg for one time, my leg hair used to be really thin and when i got it waxed with ma sister DAMN!!!!!! they became thicker sob sob so not nice lor but i am hoping to save money to go for permanent hair removal for ma leg.....Getting there someday hahahaha-flow

11. arizona

arizona Well-Known Member

Er, waxing didn't cause my hair to come back thicker. Waxing hurt for me the first time, but you just get use to it. It didn't work out for my friends though. *shrug*

12. mtree

mtree Well-Known Member

i think shaving makes your hair grow back thicker and waxing make it just come back thinner so id go for the wazing and theres some sort of cream that also removes your hair but dangerouse if u get it on your head hair coz ull baisicaly go bald

13. LvChineseGrl

LvChineseGrl Member

I don't do anything with it, I am fine with it.

14. misscrisander

misscrisander Well-Known Member

Waxing's definitely the better choice if you can live with the pain... :p
    Shaving will cause your hair to be very prickly - guys don't like that!!!

I actually use Epilady - the machine that plucks hair out... it's kinda like waxing but it's one hair at a time... but much cheaper option unless you wax at home!

15. chickenutbread

chickenutbread Well-Known Member

yep, you can look it up. longer & heavier is just a myth (from shaving that is). from waxing? i dunno. haven't tried it. but i generally don't shave my legs unless it's some special occasion because they're thin and not really noticeable. and even if anyone noticed i wouldn't care. heh. :D hey, in married life, a guy's gotta get used to your hair.. wherever it is.

16. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

thought if you wax it the hair wouldnt grow back for a very long time

17. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

lol got chicken legs eh -tongue2

18. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

thats true...but its so messy...my sis practiced on me when she was doing her beauty course =/

i only got a few hair so i just pluck muahaha...
    but if in a hurry i shave my legs :p

19. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

lol yep it is a bit messy, with it all sticky and stuff, oo btw you should like share some tips your sister got from the beauty course xD

20. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

Hahaha...maybe when i go back home...i can help ppl here on forum ok :p