Kong Wah Not Interested in Returning

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Aug 22, 2017.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

kong-wah-2017.jpg

Kong Wah (江華) made a rare appearance last week to promote a celebrity teaching class in Wan Chai. The 54-year-old acclaimed actor has been on retirement since 2010, when he made his last TV drama appearance for the RTHK drama SFC in Action <證義搜查線>.

Asking if the former TVB actor would be interested in making an acting comeback, he said, “I haven’t thought about it. It really comes down to fate when it’s about this job. I haven’t considered it in detail.” (Are you waiting for a good script?) “Filming dramas are difficult.” Pointing out that Kong Wah has gotten a lot skinnier, he said, “My diet has changed. I’ve been out of the industry for over 10 years after all.”

Kong Wah then revealed that he and his wife, Kitman Mak (麥潔文), has started a young artist’s training program, aiming to accept students from ages 4 to 17. Kong Wah said, “[My wife] is in charge of singing, and I’ll be in charge of acting. We’re starting promotions now, and our first class will open in November.”

The former actor looks forward to starting his classes, saying, “I feel that we’re getting a lot more stressed, and I think being able to teach kids will give us a new focus. It’ll bring us back to society.”

Creds: Oncc

2. x_divinity

x_divinity Well-Known Member

I hope he'll make a comeback! Loved watching him as a kid.

On another note... what happened to his neck?

3. ailyeric

ailyeric Well-Known Member

probably from losing lots of weight.

4. KeNNy

KeNNy Well-Known Member

he aint returning if his job/gig is successful.

5. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Look like dark maul.

[​IMG]

6. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

To me, if I am reading between the lines, it seems to me he suffered or is dealing with some health issures.

Weight loss like that is usually a sign of something. More so, ain‘t it hot as hell there? He is covered with a jacket, shades, cap.

I dont think thr stress of acting will do him any good. But that is just my thinking. From that pic alone, he does not look healthy.