Kids' Lives Matter - 星空下的仁醫

Discussion in 'Chinese Drama Discussion' started by ralphrepo, Nov 4, 2021.

1. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

I'm actually very surprised by this series. TVB's casting for this has more intimate chemistry between the stars than I'm used to and the medical procedures have risen up a few notches (although it seems that Hong Kong gets more than its fair share of rare medical conditions). Additionally, I'm glad to see Catherine Chau finally getting some starring roles. She was always one of my favs but had seemed to be relegated to supporting KLF parts for years. She certainly paid her dues, and she's pretty good in this. Also, I'm glad they finally decided to shoot real backgrounds and not have fake scenery outside windows, LOL... But seriously, the hospital politics is pretty spot on. Lots of rivalry in a hospital from the boardroom to the operating room; it's a wonder that patients get treated at all. But ep 08, where the doc has to help the old guy taking a leak? LOL... That's really above and beyond...

#1 ralphrepo, Nov 4, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ralphrepo

KLM ep 21; one of the things about TVB is that any medical situation possibility, is a guarantee to be the absolute worst case scenario, LOL...

And a total aside; Metoprolol is a controlled substance in HK? LOL...

KLM ep23; I love how she says, "...and now out comes the 'speen' " :lol:

#2 ralphrepo, Nov 16, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
  3. Xzyrus

Xzyrus Well-Known Member

Top Poster of the Month

Plot point in this past week I didn't fully understand: Why did the husband/wife duo cave so easily and re-hired Kevin Cheng's character?

4. ralphrepo

They needed to have him help sway the opinion of the medical school professor towards using 3D printing for their surgical adjuncts. The husband (hospital director) was not aware that the surgical director (Jade) was going to ask Kevin Cheng to rejoin the hospital staff. But once it happened, he accepted it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. good show I also like 'Take Two' as well

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ralphrepo

Glad that the evil company finally got their just desserts, as well as the hospital president. Really good that in the end, they all hooked up, LOL...

• Win! Win! x 1
  7. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Totally agree! Just finished this series, I was actually hooked and semi binged it. My first medical series too, as I usually skip them due to the nature. But I figured I would give this is a shot because of Catherine and Kevin, who both played they're role exceptionally well! Linda also matured too in her acting I feel like. Heck I would love to see a sequel of this but I doubt it'll happen. I also see why this may not have done well rating wise for obvious reasons...but I bet it once the pandemic is over in a couple of years and this gets re ran it'll probably do pretty well.