Kate Tsui and Ron Ng Voted as Worst Pair on TVB

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Feb 20, 2007.

1. [​IMG][​IMG]
    Monday February 19, 2007 Hong Kong

Couple Ron Ng and Kate Tsui who have appeared in the recent series "The Brink of Law" have been voted by netizens as the Worst Actor and Actress on television. It would seem they need to improve their acting skills to increase respect from the viewing public.

Recently, netizens on the Uwants Discussion Board have been voting for the worst male and female on TVB and the results after 800 members cast their votes have resulted in Ron gaining 40% of the votes for the men and Kate also received 40% of the female vote. Member Tobeee comments: "Ron and Kate are a perfect couple. One tries to be stylish, the other tries to be cute, but when I see them together, I want to switch over!" Another member Kai Lan Keung says: "Kate's acting is remarkably poor. She doesn't really know how to speak or act and she is very exaggerated." Ron adds this latest criticism to his long line of negative press that includes poor English skills, bad singing and partying image.

Second place went to Andy Hui who returned to the screen after a long absence last year, and Linda Chung who was criticised as being emotionless and vase-like, but she has still been busy promoting her new year series "Best Bet".

Although she was voted as the worst actress, Kate is still working hard and she filmed a rainy scene earlier for "The Entire City Dances". Without insulated clothing, she was shivering after the scene and said: "Every time I film, I end up getting wet, so I am quite unlucky." The scene tells of her pulling out of a triangular affair with Matthew Ko and Tracy Ip and in her sorrow, she is caught out in a rain shower. In real life though, she has never been caught in such an affair and she hopes it will never happen to her.

credits: tvbspace, asianfanatics.

2. i agree...their scenes in The Brink of Law were awful didnt seem like they were a couple at all... probably because kate cant act! -lol or theres no on-screen chemistry between the two.

3. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

^ lol i agree that Kate can't relli act... but i reckon ron's acting has improved since the last few films i saw him in

4. dragopyre

dragopyre Well-Known Member

theres a huge improvement though

5. dot

dot Well-Known Member

i think ron's singing is worse than his acting though, lol

6. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

ron has improved in the brink of law, i must say.

and Kate still is a noobie, so can't blame her

7. mizz_sweets

mizz_sweets Member

i think ron has improved too, but his singing.. it is just bad... like in the academyy.. that was horriblee, guesss he could keep trying hard to improve his singing, as for kate, i havent really seen her in any shows, so i cant really judge.

8. YeeSun

YeeSun Active Member

haha omg is this serious? =P But I don't like kate tsui i don't understand why she's on the first place in Miss HK! And that ugly haircut of her make it more worse!

9. whoaitselaine

whoaitselaine Well-Known Member

kates acting seems so fake. ><

10. tweetygal

tweetygal Member

her acting seems to have gotten from bad to worse. i thought she was ok in "la femme desperado", perhaps coz she was still so new. but now, it's certified that her acting is BAD. kate needs to brush up on her acting skills pronto!

11. Veincentury

Veincentury Well-Known Member

I knew it I knew they would be voted as worst actress and actor. They should stop acting.

12. cyberobot

cyberobot Well-Known Member

Cant blame Katie for that ...
    She is quite a newbie after all ..
    As for Ron, his acting improved a lot since Men IN Pain

13. Giniro

Giniro Well-Known Member

I somehow agree KAte is really a bad actress

14. orange123

orange123 Well-Known Member

Kate really needs to improve on acting. Ron is okay, but need to improve to be on the next level of stardom.

15. swirlbee

swirlbee Member

I think Ron was good in Brink of Law and kate was kind of wooden, but she's still starting out so hopefullly she gets better. Tvb is going to keep promoting her anyways though..