Just a detergent ad in China...

Discussion in 'Current World News and Events' started by mr_evolution, May 29, 2016.

1. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

jokes on her, her laundry went from 10 inches to 4 inches

2. ailyeric

ailyeric Well-Known Member

that's so racist lol. this ad would get a riot in america

3. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

lmao I saw this on reddit i think.

Racist af, wonder how much the black guy got paid to do this lmao

4. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

It's racist but I think these fools that allow this ad to be made and to be aired are more ignorant than racist, Just stupid as fck, but watching it yesterday, can't help but to LOL.

5. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Another Darkie product name, LOL...

Racist? No. But certainly insensitive. I don't think the producers meant anything racially derogatory per se, but they apparently didn't realized the depth of anger that such ads can create in the US. That is, most Asian women, especially in Asia, won't ever consider going for a black man. Is this racist? Or is this personal choice, like deciding one wants strawberry instead of blueberry? If the ad showed a plate of strawberry being magically transformed into a plate of blueberry; that is, giving the viewer "what they want" as opposed to the thought of maligning strawberries (or in this case, a racist thought of maligning blacks).

A lot of this is perception. Asians, especially in Asia, are generally pretty antimiscegenist when it comes to race. While it may seem racist to many Americans, Asians don't hate blacks or darker skin people, they just prefer lighter skin people, which is what I think the point of the ad keyed on.

6. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

If this is a truly a mainland ad, got to love their sense of "no common sense" as usual haha. Not surprised at all that they created this too.