Joey's Concert DVDs Sells 80 000 In 1/2 Month

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Jan 12, 2006.

1. k3kxeg.jpg

Thursday January 12, 2006 Hong Kong

Reports of yesterday say that Joey Yung will be the recipient of TVB’s ‘My Favourite Female Singer Award’ for three years in a row. Joey’s concert CD, VCD and DVD have only be released for half a month, has already sold 80 000 copies. Yesterday, EEG held a celebration party, Joey who was in Beijing receiving Sina’s ‘2005 Best Female Singer Award’ rushed back to Hong Kong.

When asked how she will celebrate, Joey said that she will be paying for herself and workers to go on a holiday. As this was Mani’s idea, Joey said that she did not mind paying, as long as everyone is happy. But, people may be busy during the Chinese New Year, so they are planning to go after the New Year. Joey wishes to play a game of pool with Charlene Choi for relaxation. When asked how she will treat herself, Joey expressed that she is growing older and knows that it is hard to make money. She will not waste her money but will save up to buy apartments.

Joey had a fans meet after the award ceremony. Joey said that her fans had used thousands of dollars to make her a website. When winning the ‘2005 Best Female Singer Award’, Joey was asked if she was confident in winning the same award at the next award ceremony. Joey stated that she face the award ceremony with a normal attitude. When being said to be the recipient of TVB’s Jade Solid Gold ‘My Favourite Female Singer’, Joey hopes she will be able to receive the award but the articles are giving her more pressure. Joey said that no matter if she wins or not, she will still be happy.

http://www.takungpao.com/news/06/01/12/UL-509977.htm
    http://asianfanatics.net/forum/

2. happy for joey! she worked hard on the concert and it was pretty good too ! -clapclap

3. sir_denster

sir_denster Well-Known Member

Crazy popular!

At least she finally changed her hair from that shocking red.

4. ukbutterflygal

ukbutterflygal Well-Known Member

im not surprised she has sold that many! she is pretty good!

5. the red hair was for her concert -noclue

6. Luuman

Luuman Well-Known Member

The concert was pretty good, not surprising it sold so well.

7. qweasdzxc

qweasdzxc Guest

8. qweasdzxc

qweasdzxc Guest

concert was alright.

9. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

Man thats crazy

even tho the red hair was 4 her concert, glad she didnt keep it

it was shockin -lol

10. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

waaa hey for joey she rocks and so deserves all these rewards shes getting, man i love her shes soo cool :D

11. itz_me

itz_me Guest

i alway though joey is a talented singer! i love all her songs!! she got man awards at this young age!! same age as gillian!! age 25!!