Joel Chan named TVB Best Actor

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Jan 12, 2023.

1. [​IMG]

As many expected, Joel Chan has been named Best Actor at the TVB Anniversary Awards.

The actor, who won for his performance in "Barrack O'Karma 1968", thanked TVB executives Eric Tsang, Catherine Tsang and Virginia Lok for helping him when he was at the bottom.

This is his first TV King win, having won Best Supporting Actor in 2017 for "The Unholy Alliance".

Aside from Best Actor, the actor also took home Best Dressed Male title.

On the other hand, Best Series went to "Get On a Flat", with its lead actress Elena Kong winning Best Actress for her performance in the series.

The TVB Anniversary Awards was held in TVB City on 8 January.

Joel Chan: I thought Andrew Lam would win

Joel Chan recently admitted that he didn't expect at all to win Best Actor at the TVB Anniversary Awards.

Speaking to the media after the event, the actor, who won the accolade for the first time in his 22-year career through his performance in "Barrack O'Karma 1968", stated that he actually expected Andrew Lam to win it for his performance in "Get On a Flat" as speculated by many.

"When I accepted the award, my mind went blank. I was nervous and I had no time to react," Joel said.

Joel said that he hopes to make more good dramas in the future to repay those who have supported him along the way since his return to TVB, as well as wife Apple, whom he said took really good care of the family, which enabled him to focus on his work.

It is noted that Joel ruined his relationship with TVB while he dated heiress Florinda Ho circa 2011 to 2013, almost ending his acting career in the process.

However, following their breakup, the actor was given a chance to make his comeback, first in a supporting role through the drama "Noblesse Oblige" before slowly making his way as a lead actor.

credits: yahoo

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

I thought I read that drama didn't live up to the first one.. but I will see. Heard it was more confusing storyline but good for him for grinding from the bottom. He was heavily pushed last few years