Jet Li & Jackie Chan to Film Movie Together!

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shy, May 16, 2006.

1. shy

shy Well-Known Member

Credit: Dramasian.com

[​IMG]
    Jet Li and Jackie Chan will be filming a movie together for the first time next year. Both Jet and Jackie have wanted to film together in the past, but the opportunity did not come along. No wonder both are feeling so excited about their new filming project!

The project is dubbed "J & J Project" (Both Jackie and Jet's first names start with J) because there is currently no script nor movie title yet. However more details for the movie will be revealed at this year's Cannes film festival. The collaboration of "twin dragons" Jackie and Jet will probably send Hollywood in a tailspin and many international distributors scrambling for rights.

Three months ago, there was a movie producer who contacted Jackie and Jet to collaborate together. Since Jackie and Jet have always wanted to work together, they said yes over the phone and discussed more details of the movie.

Both Jet and Jackie have hectic filming schedules for the rest of this year. In order to clear up his schedule to film the movie with Jackie, Jet had to reject another project, which may have cost him $15 million (estimated money Jet gets per movie).

The reporters at the Sun contacted Jackie to confirm his collaboration with Jet. Jackie said, "We are in the early discussion stage." (Will it be an action movie?) "We have not decided yet."

The article did not mention whether this will be an HK or Hollywood production, though. -unsure Crossing my fingers and hoping it'll be HK!

2. Giniro

Giniro Well-Known Member

Hmmm interesting wonder when it will come out

3. MingGor

MingGor Active Member

Definately needs to be a HK release...

4. luvgill

luvgill Active Member

wow... it got to be interesting..

5. AVANT

AVANT Well-Known Member

So is Jet Li still sticking to his no more action roles? Or is that history already?

Because it's hard for me to imagine a movie that's not full of action scenes...

6. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

Hm.. interesting, i'll want to see this if it comes out... I wonder how the movie will turn out like if there was no action in it...

7. alex_chung_lee

wow.. jet li looks dead man..

8. carpediem

carpediem Active Member

Yeah, he looks old.
    Can't wait to hear more about this project, I love their action movies.

9. YHL80

YHL80 Member

This would be an interesting one to watch.

10. ivy_k

ivy_k Member

this sound so good....will be an action movie i guess....:)

can't wait...:p

11. HellGuard99

HellGuard99 Well-Known Member

jeez jet li looks kinda like a chimp in that pic
    anyway i thought he said no more action movies..

12. shy

shy Well-Known Member

He never said anything about quitting action movies. All he said was that he was no longer going to film wuxia-type movies (Fearless being his last).

So as far as I know, he will still continue filming action films, just with different fighting techniques.

He will also be releasing a new Hollywood movie starring along side Jason Statham (dude from transporter). Not sure as to when that will be released, although I'm not really looking forward to it.

13. AVANT

AVANT Well-Known Member

-cool Thx.

14. tamagodaisuki

this sounds really cool - definitely can't wait until i get to see it. but i thought jackie and jet had worked before like sometime when they first started in the movie business. oh well.....doesn't matter. glad to see them before n all the actions that is gonna be involved.

15. fallen_skye

fallen_skye New Member

cool - two of my favorite all time actors! i think it's gonna be action with comedy.

16. will_ssc

will_ssc Member

kool sounds interesting!

17. dragoon951

dragoon951 Active Member

woot, i'll be looking forward to this movie

18. Japen

Japen Active Member

yeah finally :D i hope the film will be very very nice ;)

19. gillianzzz

gillianzzz Member

I hope it's good. Their last Hollywood movies I did not like.

20. kinni3

kinni3 Well-Known Member

sounds like its gonna be a good movie :)