Japanese Brazilians Celebrate

Discussion in 'Japanese Chat' started by ralphrepo, Jun 19, 2008.

1. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Many in Japan don't realize that they have South American cousins:

Its a story well worth repeating, of how resilient the Japanese are. An important part of Japanese history, all of Japan, and Japanese the world over should celebrate with them.

Ralph

2. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

japanese don't get brazilians.... those chicks are hairy mofos

3. ralphrepo

???... Erm... What do you mean by that? I'm not sure if I get your meaning re: chicks and hairy?

Ralph

4. that is very good that the japanese or any race could be welcomed into another country, it is tough and a huge change of scenery but as shown it can be done!

5. dragong87

dragong87 Well-Known Member

wow.. i didn't know there were that many there.. good to see they've ingegrated in well.

dont think ur old enough to know wat he means :p

6. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

i think he's talking about brazillian waxes an the rest i'm not guna say...
    i'm sure u can figure it out now...

7. ralphrepo

Fine, I'll ask my son when he gets home at the end of this semester, soon as I go through this AARP junk mail. -bowroflarms

Oh, you mean waxing bikini lines or beaver trims? Never mind, I thought it was something odd or bizarre. :laugh:

Oh, for those that want to read a very interesting view of the problems that Japanese Brazilians have in Japan, here's a tidbit: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1134/is_3_113/ai_n5990766/print?tag=artBody;col1 Many in Japan don't consider them to be Japanese any more, much like how Chinese view "overseas" Chinese (as opposed to native).

Ralph

#7 ralphrepo, Jun 22, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  8. TNTxXx

TNTxXx Active Member

hmm very interesting article... thx for sharing Ralph