Jackie Chan & Jack Black in Kung Fu Panda

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by Fobstar, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Fobstar

Fobstar Guest

Dustin Hoffman, Jackie Chan and Ian McShane to join Jack Black in the animated comedy Kung Fu Panda, according to Variety.

Lucy Liu is also in discussions for a role in the movie which is scheduled for release in May 2008.

In the film, Black stars as Po the Panda, the laziest of all the animals in the Valley of Peace. With powerful enemies at the gates, all hope is pinned on a martial arts hero to rise to save the day. When Po unwittingly shows up in the midst of the martial arts competition, the masters are shocked to see that this unmotivated panda bears the mark of the Chosen One.

Hoffman will voice the role of Shifu, the kung fu master whose task it is to transform Po into a fighter. Chan will lend his voice to Master Monkey, a strong, agile and dedicated kung fu warrior, McShane will voice the villainous Tai Lung, and Liu is set to be the voice of Master Viper

2. joycesays

joycesays Well-Known Member

hmm... interesting... jackie chan and jack black interesting...

3. bluebuzzybug

bluebuzzybug Active Member

erm.... sounds interesting!
    love animation!

4. melroseddl1

melroseddl1 Well-Known Member

sound funny already. Can't wait till this air in theaters, its going to off the hook.
    record setting once again

5. i hate jack black with a passion..he's retarded and NOT funny. <_<

6. Veincentury

Veincentury Well-Known Member

^lol Jack Black bounces b/t film and singing like Twins.
    If only they would focus on one instead of two

So gd stereotypical to portray asians in martials arts movies and now they've got to do it in cartoons too. Tst Tst Tst.

7. blackhaze

blackhaze Member

I used to love jackblack, cant say the same anymore. Nacho Libre pretty much ruined everything in my eyes..

8. dragopyre

dragopyre Well-Known Member

another animated movie...

9. tinybb

tinybb Member

seem interesting... i still love jacky adventure animation on wb 11.

10. heartcollector

heartcollector Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm rather disappointed when I first came across this. Jacky is not helping by going through with this...but I guess if it means getting a paycheck, who wouldn't?

11. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

For some reason unknown to me, I can't stand Jack Black! JUST CANNOT ... Sorry jack black fans. No offense intended.