"Iron Ladies" Criticised for being Boring and Outdated

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by Phoenix, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

7ladies.jpg

Since premiering a week ago, ViuTV's Iron Ladies - 《熟女強人》showed a lot of promise with it's groundbreaking themes focusing on topics such as, egg freezing, homosexuality, custody battles, wife swaps and more. These topics are explored through the stories of the seven leading ladies, including Myolie Wu (胡杏兒), Carrie Ng (吳家麗), Jeana Ho (何珮瑜), Jess Sum (沈卓盈), Karena Ng (吳千語).

However audience reaction has been less than positive pointing out their own issues with the drama criticising the acting, the dialogues are boring, the storyline is slow and even commenting that the show has a TVB feel but none of ViuTV's quality features.

"A female cast drama should be really easy, apart from Myolie, it's like the rest of them don't even know how to act, all stiff and expressionless. Watching 10 minutes of of it, I don't even know what they are talking about. I can't watch on anymore."

"This drama is definitely one of the most weirdest one I've seen in recent years, for example Myolie and her husband Tommy Chu (朱康稱) using oyster innuendos in front of their daughter for sexy time, the dialogue is so cringe to the point where it's awkward."

"Even the shooting techniques is very old school, has a very 90's feel to it, I can't stand it."

Despite the large disappointment towards the drama so far, netizens have praised Tommy Chu's for his performance and are definitely tuning in for Carrie's complicated relationships and for Myolie.

~~~
    source: hk01

2. I agree with article lol first 2 eps I saw was zZz

3. ailyeric

ailyeric Well-Known Member

u did better than me. i was ZzZzzzz after 20 minutes lol

4. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

YOu guys all did better than me. I didn't finish the first episode.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Noooo say it ain't so :p Although you know it's a series on woman, so we all know that they like it nice and slow right ;) So maybe that's how this series is....It takes a few episodes before it gets hot!

#5 crasianlee, Oct 7, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  6. hoyeah!

hoyeah! Well-Known Member

I think I rather watch paint dry :popcorn::wallface:

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. lol watch ratman :trollface:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

lol, there is no lady in this drama can that save this

• Disagree Disagree x 1