Ip Man 3

Discussion in 'Movies Discussion' started by gd6noob, Mar 15, 2016.

1. gd6noob

gd6noob Well-Known Member

Theres a couple I notice in the movie and just curious if someone can explain.. im not an expert of martial arts or wing chung...
    I used spoiler incase other havent watched it

What is the purpose of this?
    [​IMG]
    Is there a style in wing chung like this?
    [​IMG]

2. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

1st picture - no idea, but in Hung Gar, we do that just for qi gong purposes, in other words, I would assume that scene was useless for him
    2nd picture - forms only, impractical in that situation and also I don't think Wing Chun ever goes that low (someone who practices Wing Chun extensively might know a clearer answer)

3. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

First picture is part of WC form you do for practice, I don't know what it's for but I did it when I was younger. In the 2nd picture I've never seen anyone do that but in WC they focus on centre line so my guess is by lowering himself it will help is centre line and centre of gravity since Tyson a lot stronger/bigger.

Keep in mind, in the real world that stuff won't work and most of the things learned in WC don't work either in real fights. :lol:

4. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

Darn ... I was going to go learn WC and challenge Mike T.

Perhaps it's just me ... anyone else find the 3rd movie of this franchise to be less entertaining than 1st and 2nd? It seems like the mini-fights is just as good as the final fight in the 1st and 2nd. But, in this one, I did not enjoy the mini-fights as much.

Ip Man 1: the fight with the challenger was awesome. A little humor in the fight.
    Ip Man 2: the fight with Sammo Hung was just simply ... great.
    I think the final fight is the 2 WC master going at it. And the mini-fight is with Mike Tyson. I enjoyed the final fight; but, the fight with Mike T is pretty boring. He didn't kick butt; more like Mike T. kicked his butt.

#4 ab289, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  5. gd6noob

gd6noob Well-Known Member

I would think that going that low especially on 1 leg, would put you at a major disadvantage. no matter how strong your legs are, if someone as tough as tyson kicks you, it would knock you down... but I guess Donny defy all psychical logic coz he just so awesome!

I agree the storyline was plain... they threw in Tyson in there just for gimmicks and trying to cash in... the fights where nothing short of spectacular as usual....

6. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

The fight scenes were alright, just not as good as the first.

7. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

i actually quite enjoyed that fight :D, but I agree. at the end, each Ip Man sequel ends up somehow being the same storyline. The first was definitely the best. I think the way I felt about this last film is, Donnie is trying to go out with a bang to end the Ip Man saga by just throwing as many fight scenes as possible.