in hanoi

Discussion in 'Vietnamese Chat' started by thospice, Sep 3, 2006.

1. thospice

thospice Active Member

a friend wants to travel to hanoi, she is chinese and dont speak any viet. is safe for her?
    advice would be apreciatated
    thanks

2. Vina

Vina Member

why wouldnt it be safe for her?

3. jay1979

jay1979 Member

as long as she take the normal precaution she should be find......though there might be quiet a few scam with several travel agent

4. i was in saigon last week and it seems alright. For services such as ferry and boats any kinda ride make sure u set a price first before going on, there are alot of scammers which will over charge u after the ride is over. pay first for jet ski''s. Taxi's make sure u keep a constant look at the meter and when its done stick to the price and not to the one he suggests and do no take any detour they offer because they'll go in circles to run up the money. Try to give exact change because 'sometimes they'll not give change and run with the money. If u want to shop clothing is generally 2-3 dollars a shirt , walk away they''ll usually take u for ur price if not u can always go back. Here is the best advice.. ALWAYS CARRY ROLLS OF TISSUE PAPER NO MATTER WHERE U TRAVEL! and have change cuz "TOILET FOR RENT!"

this applies not only for vietnam but most of asia

5. mtree

mtree Well-Known Member

have a vietnamese friend go with her or she could plan the whole thing out b4 she actuali arrives to vietnam

6. singlung2099

singlung2099 Well-Known Member

she might be alright by herself cause alot of north vietamese can actually speak cantonese. One of my uncles lives in Hanoi

7. sm2891

sm2891 Member

As long as she have $$$, then she will be treated well.

8. wang_bao

wang_bao Well-Known Member

You have to pay attention in every area - if you mean of crime.
    And of course try get the low prices, sometimes they want to much money.

9. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

oh hey! this is where i stayed - hanoi! lol. Went back in the summer stayed for 4 days!!
    It's okay there, some viet people can speak english so it was alright... lol.
    The place has changed ALOT since last visited. I went back when I was 8. The place has gone a little bit cleaner. The roads are dangerous!!! They way they drive are "luen lei". TOO MUCH motocycles!! And when I try to cross the road is dangerous man!! They don't stop!!

10. AbZoNyX

AbZoNyX Well-Known Member

Beware cause Hanoi is infested with scams although I'm not proud to say so it's true.

11. loveislost

loveislost New Member

im vietnamese and i think vietnamese is very peaceful every thing you need to know is having happy time in vietnam

12. chumeo_di_hia

chumeo_di_hia Active Member

may i be guide free 4 her .. ^^