Ideas for a Birthday Gift?

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by shy, Mar 23, 2006.

1. shy

shy Well-Known Member

My cousin's birthday is 2 weeks from now. Usually, I get her 1 large present (translate - expensive). She's very high-maintenance and is very fond of designer stuff. I was thinking about buying a designer handbag for her, but I haven't found any that she might like so far. For work, she dresses conservatively, but she has tons of handbags that she can carry to work already. For play, she has anything ranging from diesel bags to prada bags...so I don't really know what to get her.

I'm kind of skeptical about getting her a designer handbag because how many of those can you possibly have?? Any suggestions on what to get her for her birthday??

All suggestions are appreciated :)

2. mystery

mystery Well-Known Member

how about some custom made jewelry?

This thread came at the right time! i was wondering, what do guys usually want for their birthday? i'm having the hardest time coming up with what to get for my bf...

3. Get her the most expensive highly super sexy set of panties and bras from victoria secret... then have her call me =).

4. donkeyhit

donkeyhit Well-Known Member

Woop Cushion =)

Ok.. Seriously tho... just get her converse shoes, if she's fobby =)

5. shyyun83

shyyun83 Active Member

hmm...a guess bag isn't a bad idea...there's one that's going around the town..quite nice...

6. whoaitselaine

whoaitselaine Well-Known Member

Jewelry? Maybe some earrings or something.. How much are her designer handbags? about 100 dolllars or something? Maybe you should spend the money on like ruby earrings or something.

7. shy

shy Well-Known Member

mystery/woahitselaine- She doesn't wear any jewelry. She just got her watch fixed for the same price that it had originally cost (5 bills). She has a necklace that her boyfriend gave her, and she doesn't wear any rings...I was thinking about buying her a fleece lining ski jacket (spyder or marmot) because she's holding a few of my north face jackets hostage. Not sure which one to get though...these run anywhere from $300-$400

As for your boyfriend, mystery...Get him something that's related to his hobby. If he likes hooking up cars, get him an aftermarket part. If he likes sports, get him tickets to a game of his favorite team. If he likes video games, get him some video games. If he likes gadgets, get him something that he's wanted. It really depends on your budget. If all else fails, get him a money clip and knit him a scarf...:p

donkeyhit/shyyun83- She already has too many shoes...besides, she already owns a few pairs of Coach 'Converses', so it'd be pretty tough for me to have to top that. As for designer bags...she's going to Paris, again (for the 10th time), the week of her birthday, so I'm sure whatever designer stuff I get for her will not be good enough...Ugh, she's driving me crazy! -angry

#7 shy, Mar 23, 2006
    Last edited: May 22, 2006
  8. shhh lips

shhh lips Well-Known Member

Just give something comical. For Christmas I gave some1 this t-shirt of a cow jumping over the moon while saying "I got mad sillz" and one of those tux t-shirts

9. sitorbewwi

sitorbewwi Well-Known Member

how about a Burberry scarf or wallet ? Or Burberry umbrella ._. surely she doesn't have one of those yet ._.

10. how bout a set of those moisturizing cream or a gift certificate to the spa

11. shy

shy Well-Known Member

shhh lips- That shirt sounds cute, although I'm kind of aiming towards something in a higher price range. Last month, she got me this really expensive digital camera that I'd been drooling over out of the blue, so for her birthday I want to get her something of the same or close to the same value...

sitorbewwi- *laff* Burberry scarf, wallet, umbrella, belt, clothes...you name it, she's got it. I was actually thinking of getting her the purfume, but she'd already gone and purchased it for herself last week, so so much for that idea...<_<

ang- Certificates are usually my last resorts, but seeing as I'm having such a hard time deciding on what to get her...I think I might just have to go with that. She does like spas...

12. fayenatic

fayenatic Well-Known Member

or tickets...to something
    comedy club?

13. lol I just wanna know what kinda cousin takes the time to figure out what to get for another cousin... talk about one lucky cousin -lol. You can always go the arts n crafts way and make her a macaroni picture frame...

oh and sitorbewwi good call on the Burberry... Bu bu bu beerrrr berry.

14. mystery

mystery Well-Known Member

Wow! your cuz sure is rich! hahah *envy* AND she's going to paris! if only i could switch lives with her. lol as for my bf, my choices so far are

1. palm zire 71
    2. mp3 player
    3. take him to a place just the two of us and enjoy his birthday together

What do you think? I might just go with the scarf thing that you said. that sounds pretty cute and thoughtful :). From your response, i can tell that you usually go all out when getting gifts for your bf's lol...

15. can't go wrong wit a lil cashmere... lol i know huh mystery... image what she'll get for her bf... but hey it ain't always about the money. I don't see why you should even bother getting your cousin a gift seein as how she practically has it all..

16. shy

shy Well-Known Member

fayenatic- Her boyfriend is already paying for her ticket to Paris. I seriously have no clue what to do for her...I might just end up getting her that spa certificate.

mystery/Ecko- You guys are so funny. For all of my exs, on their birthdays, I'd say I'd gotten them pretty good gifts...stuff that they otherwise wouldn't spend the money to buy, but useful stuff nonetheless.

In regards to your list, mystery...3 is a must-do, but is not considered to be a gift (depending on how old you are). Perhaps you can cook him a meal, instead? If your boyfriend takes the train or bus or any mode of public transportation, get the mp3 player as they will come in handy when travelling. Don't get a pda...My brother's gf got him one last year and if memory serves me right, he's only touched it about once or twice. Those things are useless, for all ages.

#16 shy, Mar 25, 2006
    Last edited: May 22, 2006
  17. Galan

Galan Guest

I'd vote for the spa idea, or getting her something related to what she likes to do. For example, if she likes to read, try to track down a good condition first edition of her favorite book, or try to find one signed by the author.

18. calvinz_ck

calvinz_ck Member

I think's it's wallet because it will beside off u everyday you go out

19. shy

shy Well-Known Member

ended up getting my cousin a microsoft xbox 360, game console