How to style hair while pregnant?

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by Nicolar, May 8, 2012.

1. Nicolar

Nicolar New Member

I have long thin hair and have permed it for years.
    and recently i wanna change a new style...while i'm pregant...
    i wanna color it, but but don't want to do that at all while pregnant because I can't imagine it would be very good for baby. ie chemicals etc.

2. Breathing it in? i suppose.... just straighten it and let it loose...

3. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

cut it short...please dont dye....every dude (or at least, i am) want their woman with their hair, natural...

4. spech

spech Well-Known Member

I know I'm being extra-cautious, but I wouldn't put any chemical treatments (colouring, straightening, etc.) on my hair if I were pregnant. It's just not worth it. You can always use flat/curling irons or hair accessories for a style change.

5. Nicolar

Nicolar New Member

I have consulted my doctor and she also suggested not coloring hair when pregnant...and said the chemicals in coloring products can hurt my baby.
    i don't do anything that hurts my baby...
    then i heard that human hair wigs can help people to get the hairstyles they want, including the hair color, length, straight or curl...
    aren't they?

6. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Get something high and tight, or else go whole hog and get a Sinead OConnor type 'do. After that, hair care would be No Muss, No Fuss. Great for even after the delivery, as you'll probably have more things to worry about ;)

[video=youtube;S5lYA34IjNM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5lYA34IjNM&feature=related[/video]

I just loved the part of the post cut hair wash, LOL... Just what exactly are they washing, there ain't nothing left?

7. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

go blonde after the baby.

8. sara

sara Well-Known Member

Can't really do anything while you are prego. You probably can just tie it into pony tail or clip it up.

9. blueheart1985

blueheart1985 Well-Known Member

I don't no were your doctor get her information, but there isn't ANY prove that coloring or perm your hair would hurt your baby. But there is prove that some women lose some hair after gave birth because of the hormones. But it turns to normal if your homones-level become normal again. If you don't wanna take any risks, don't do anything and why do you wanna wig? It's almost summer! Are you sick or getting bald? A wig is waste of money, especially your expecting.

10. dear.miss.yvonne

I would avoid any chemicals...

11. babs

babs Well-Known Member

if you've been perming for years just let it grow itself out again. if you haven't done a perm in awhile and have always had long hair going short will be very traumatic for you after the initial week wears off. you'll miss it. I always change my hair style. I go long and then mid length and then short. There are options out there. With the baby coming you'll probably want a no fuss hair do so if you do change the style go mid length so that by the time the baby is due your hair is longer and you can tie it up in a pony tail again. The chemicals from hair coloring dont hurt the baby. While it's getting done you may want to put a mask on but after the fact it wont do any harm. In the beginning when hair coloring was becoming very popular i can see it being harmful but nowadays it isn't.

12. Shaniatwain427

Shaniatwain427 New Member

I would like to just simple Hair style and no any hair perfume during pregnancy.