How many Keyboard you owned? Have you ever clean it?

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by Aznmask, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Aznmask

Aznmask Well-Known Member

I think i used over at least 10 Keyboard since 1995.

I just want to share some secret. If your keyboard is dirty or some keystroke not work.

You can try some of the tips. Warning i dont responsible if you ruin your keyboard.

Unscrew your keyboard , usually it have 2 parts. You have to separate the board and the keystrokes.

Now you can wash your keystrokes in bathtub. After that put it in dry area at least 12-24hr. Then screw it back..

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

I used about 4-5.

Last time i tried to clean my keyboard, I broke a key-part. Thank god i had warranty and Logitech shipped a completely new one to me.

Bought a $6 replacement part to find out another part was broken. Maybe have to chip in another $9 to fix it. Worth it? $15 for a spacebar + 1/2 of the key attachment.

3. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

hahhahahaha yall be doing too much with your keyboards :trollface2:

4. 2-3 boards....I be playin on them keys like I'm Stevie Wonder-cool

5. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

I've probably thrown out more than I care to remember. Cheap ones are a dime a dozen. Good ones, with nice positive spring action and bounce, are the ones to keep, and if they light up, then all the better.

6. kevin

kevin RAWR!

I use this rubber thing called Cyber Clean to remove debris trapped in between the keys. Works most of the time.

7. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Anyone here ever used one of those split or curved "ergonomic" keyboards? I never could get used to them.

8. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Too weird of a layout. LOL.

9. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

5-6 keyboards. 1 gaming keyboard forgot the brand.. 3 microsoft keyboard, 1 dell, and 1 apple

10. Aznmask

Aznmask Well-Known Member

I just revived my Dell keyboard. I used it since i bought my Dell PC in 2008.

(i got this image from internet. My dell keyboard The 'S' and 'D' letter's color are peeling off.

[​IMG]

#10 Aznmask, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  11. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

i've used about 10 keyboards since i got on a computer in the 90's

My favorite ones are the microsoft ergonomic split keyboards.

I"m currently using a CMstorm Quickfire mech keyboard.

12. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯