House of Spirits - 一屋老友記 (2016)

Discussion in 'Chinese Drama Discussion' started by b-lee, Nov 9, 2015.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

tvb-house-of-spirits-2016.jpg

English Title: House of Spirits
    Chinese Title: 一屋老友記
    Genre: Modern, Comedy, Supernatural
    Producer: Fong Chun Chiu
    Episodes: -

Costume Fitting Date:November 13, 2015
    Filming Location: -
    Filming Period: -

Cast:
    Bobby Au Yeung
    Nancy Wu
    Joyce Tang
    Koni Lui
    Helena Law
    Jonathan Cheung
    Wu Fung
    Law Lan
    Lau Kong

Description
    Paying homage to TVB’s past ghost comedies, the new supernatural comedy House of Spirits <一屋老友記> will be gliding into Hong Kong TV screens on Monday, June 27th.

The 31-episode drama is inspired by the 1980 TVB ghost comedy Don’t Look Now <執到寶>, a hilarious comedy about an elderly, retired fireman and his row with four ghosts who enjoy possessing his family members to communicate with him.

Synopsis
    Retired dim sum sifu Bo Luk (Lau Kong 劉江) suddenly passes away. He leaves behind a will, and names his eldest son Bo Foon (Bobby Au-yeung 歐陽震華) as the executor. As instructed on Bo Luk’s will, Bo Foon gets his three younger siblings to come back to the main house, where they are to live together for nine months before offering the property up for sale.

Second daughter Bo Yan (Joyce Tang 滕麗名) is an inconsiderate wife, and refuses to bring her Mainland Chinese husband Mui Chiu (Tsui Wing 徐榮) and their daughter back to Hong Kong with her. Third son Bo Yu (Jonathan Cheung 張穎康) and his wife Yu Fa (Koni Lui 呂慧儀), both stingy and profit-minded people, are more than happy to come back and take advantage of the house. Youngest son Bo Yi (Bob Cheung 張彥博), who is studying abroad, immediately returns to Hong Kong after hearing the distress call.

Amidst all the sibling conflict and rifts, Bo Foon discovers that he has the ability to see ghosts. He befriends Bak Wah (Bowie Wu 胡楓) and Yi Lan (Helena Law 羅蘭)—a pair of elderly, bickering ghosts who have been haunting the house for many years. The two elders often use their wit and powers to help Bo Foon solve his family drama, but their help is often hilariously futile.

Meanwhile, Bo Foon employs the help of hydropower technician Chu Chan-chan (Nancy Wu 胡定欣) to fix the house’s pipes. Bo Foon and Chan-chan struggle to get along, but their constant squabbling leads to an interesting fate.

Promo Video

#1 b-lee, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016

2. Airing after Presumed Accidents

• Like Like x 1
    • Win! Win! x 1
  3. Niteghost

Niteghost Well-Known Member

Sorry, I hate these kind of Series- tine for a break - LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. nobody watching?? good cast Ep 3 is funny :boblaff: :boblaff:

5. gd6noob

gd6noob Well-Known Member

I think without bobby, this series would be a little boring... he adds seriousness and funny at the same time... not bad.. enjoying it

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. joojoo

joojoo Well-Known Member

yay bobby and joyce its been a long time since they've been in a series together. great chemistry

• Like Like x 1
  7. good role for her alot of screen time more than nancy right now :kelefe:

8. joojoo

joojoo Well-Known Member

who's nancy? :-o

hahhaha ops sorry I forgot nancy was in the series :p
    yeah she doesn't have much screen time yet.

I prefer her with wayne lai than bobby. it feels a bit odd for her to be with bobby.... hope the chemistry is good!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

It's good to see Joyce in another series this year.

10. I love NGs :)

#11 shinobi, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  11. amano.ai

amano.ai Well-Known Member

I didn't have time to watch it yet but seems funny.

12. when he sees his dad in his dreams reminds me of pillowcase mystery :boblaff:

both nancy and bobby best series involves ghosts? :thinking:

13. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

so i watched one of the episodes with my parents and it sparked an interesting conversation between my dad and I. It also made me think how big of a generation difference there is, and the thinking, mostly just traditional thinking vs modern.

So the debate was, who is right and who is wrong? Was Bobby wrong for leaving all the siblings when they were young to chase a dream, and are the siblings wrong for holding resentment towards Bobby?

My dad's argument was Bobby was wrong because as the oldest kid in the family, it is his absolute responsibility to look after the family and MUST sacrifice his dreams. My argument was I don't agree because once you are in your 60s or 70s, you don't want to look back with regrets.

What do you guys think?

14. I agree with your dad... bobby was selfish and irresponsible for the oldest :boblook:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

fair enough, I personally would sacrifice a lot of things for family and friends, but I do not think my dreams is one of them. I think what I am most afraid of is hitting my 60s and 70s and then think back and hope I did not regret not taking that job, or making the risk of not trying different things in my career. But I do see the point of the more family-centric arguments

16. joojoo

joojoo Well-Known Member

why is this show aired 7 days a week?

17. this time slot has been like that for half a year now not sure for the reasoning though

18. who is the kid he is pretty good lucky guy get to paired with Moon Lau first role :eliza:

19. joojoo

joojoo Well-Known Member

ahhh thanks. All this time I thought it was broadcasted a few eps earlier in China haha