HOT/TALENTED Non-HK Actors!!!

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by mint_T, Jun 17, 2006.

1. mint_T

mint_T Well-Known Member

Since the people here seem to mostly be familiar with TVB actors only, I want to take this opportunity to let you guys get to know some of the talented/hot actors that are from the mainland. Most of them are even better then most TVB actors IMO!!!

I'll firstly start off with Yang Mi since she's relatively new and is my current favorite :). Others are welcome to post additional pictures of her or any other non-hk actor/actress that they like!

Name: Yang Mi
    Nickname: Mimi
    Birthday: 12th Sept 1986
    Place of Birth: Beijing, China
    Blood group: B
    Horoscope: Virgo
    Height: 168cm
    Weight: 45kg
    Family: Mother and Father
    Fave Colour: Green, pink, black, white
    Education: 1st year at Beijing Film Academy
    Past occupation: Model

Series:
    Wu Zhuang Yuan Fen Gai Er 1990
    Tang Ming Huang 1991
    Hou Wa 1993
    Hong Fen Shi Jia 2003
    Shuang Xiang Pao 2004
    Shen Diao Xia Lu (ROCH) 2004
    Tian He Ju 2005
    Shang Shu Fang 2005
    Liao Zhai- Xiao Qian 2005
    Wang Zhao Jun 2005

Screenshots/Pix:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

i only like hk actors =p

3. mint_T

mint_T Well-Known Member

Well, that's good for you! Everyone has their own preferences. I like HK actors too, but that doesn't mean I can't like mainland actors as well.

Anyway, here are some more pix of Yang Mi!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. shadow Thi3f

shadow Thi3f Well-Known Member

Then you are missing out because there are a lot of talented actors from the main land. I use to prefer HK actors too, but if they continue to promote talentless punks like Edison Chen then Im going to get turnoff by HK movies. Dont forget about Liu Yi Fei because she is beautiful and talented. For those who do not know who she is, She's the latest actress to play Little Dragon girl in Return of Condor Heroes mainland version.

5. shy

shy Well-Known Member

This Yang Mi girl is pretty... I think she looks better than Liu Yi Fei? I'm actually currently watching a series that's starring both of them, and I think she's really good for a newcomer! I also like Ady An...

Anyway, I used to enjoy tvb series more than mainland ones, but nowadays, mainland series (mainly the period ones) are just trashing tvb upside down (it used to be the other way round). Mainland producers are just more serious and are willing to spend and work to produce a good series. You can tell by the sets, props, plots, scenaries, acting, music, fighting, editing, extras... etc. tvb used to have really good & seasoned actors, but now, all I see are overrated miss hks/singers/models turned actresses who have no talent or skills whatsoever. Even seasoned ones (like Bowie & Moses, Charmaine & Gigi) are getting recycled so much that I'm getting sick of seeing their faces, though it's not as bad as seeing so much of the newbies who can't act for shyte. Mainland actors are somewhat more serious (most of them go through proper training in acting schools) and since there's like a huge population, we always get to see fresh faces (and good-looking ones too!) who can act.

tvb's not doing so well in the modern series department either. It seems like they're losing out to Korean series (why the hk audience would rather watch a korean series about medicine and doctors than their very own "hyped about" Healing Hands 3 with Bowie & Moses). Either way, they really are losing out to mainland and Korea.

6. mint_T

mint_T Well-Known Member

omg I totally agree with both of you (Shy and Shadow_Thi3f)! TVB has been going downhill for these past few years. I guess that's why a lot of the good actors left (Gallen Lo, Michelle Yip, Jessica Hsuan, Michael Tong) them for the mainland. Even Raymond Lam and Alex Fond are currently shooting a mainland series!

As for the quality, I agree with you Shy. You can just tell by the scenery how much effort is put into each series. Has anyone seen the chinese paladin? I think it was twice as better then the overhyped Twin of Brothers. The CG effects in that movie were just terrible! And I think both Liu Yi Fei and An Yi Xuan are prettier then Leila Tong and Tavia Yeung. They're just as good when it comes to acting too! I guess a large part of this is due to lack of money for tvb, so you can't really blame them.

Speaking of Liu Yi Fei, I was going to post up some of her pictures next... haha :D. I mean how can I forget about her when nearly 90% of all the guys in the chinese series forums are talking non-stop about how beautiful she is??? haha! But I still like Yang Mi better :p

7. shy

shy Well-Known Member

I've never categorized LYF under the words "pretty" or "beautiful". To me, she's just cute. She has that pure, innocent, and angellic look, which many actresses/girls cannot pull off, and a lot of guys seem to dig that. So in that sense, I guess we can say that her looks are more special. But I don't think she's beautiful.

& yeah, it's true that money = results, but still... it's completely understandable that tvb productions fare mediocre against the strong competition from mainland china. tvb is only a hk based company afterall, and their market is fairly small (usually just HK) so the amount of $ they can invest in a tv drama is limited. Mainland is a huge market, with copious cash, lots of new talents, competent screenwriters, directors, etc... hk is getting their butts whipped -lol

Oh, and yes, I've seen CP. I also think that it's better than TOB in terms of acting, effects, and scenery. And the soundtrack is awesome! But I didn't really like the main guy. He's too... boyish? ahaha he almost looks younger than Liu Yi Fei. But he's a good actor. At least better than Ron Ng.

8. mint_T

mint_T Well-Known Member

Haha so do you prefer seeing LYF with HXM??

I thought Hu Ge was cute! lol and I actually thought he and LYF made a good couple.

9. shy

shy Well-Known Member

I think HXM looks way too old for LYF. He looks old enough to be her uncle or something. I know that Xiao Long Nu is supposed to look younger than Yang Guo because of her long stay in the tomb or whatever, but still, the kissing scene was terrible.

In terms of looks though, I like Huang Xiao Ming. He's talented, & more manlier than Hu Ge, and I think he perfectly fits the role of Yang Guo. Almost as perfectly as Louis! I haven't seen the older adaptations with Andy Lau or Chris Lee so I can't comment on them.

As for ROCH, Carmen Lee (TVB 1995) has done it for me. I've read the novels, and she did a beautiful portrayal of the complex XLN character. LYF, in terms of physical attributes, is cute and all, but I can't see much of that cold, solitary look that exists in XLN's character in the beginning.

But other than that, it's not a bad series.

10. shadow Thi3f

Yes the quality is definitely better. Look at the battle field scenes which can be compared to Hollywood epics. Mainland ancient series just seems more authentic and it has a different feel to it, which is something that TVB series lack. In my opinion Chinese Paladin is a little overrated. I cant argue against the fact that the soundtrack is awsome. Im currently watching Lethal Weapons of Love and Passion starring Raymond, Charmaine, and Bosco. So far it's pretty good maybe even better than Twin of Brothers. And what's with the name Twin of Brothers? Cant they just call it Twin Dragons?

As for ROCH, Ive seen pretty much all of the adaptations except for the first one made in the 70's and the Singapore version. The worst Yeung Guo was probably Richie Ren. He just does not have the look. HXM ranks up there with Andy and Louis as the best Yeung Guo. I thought Liu Yi Fei did a great job and ranks behind Carmen Lee as the best Little Dragon girl. I do agree that she looks too young to be playing that part. The reason behind Little Dragon Girl's lack of a cold and solitary personality is because Louis Cha the creator made a few changes in his latest revision of ROCH. I also read some where that Rain Bi the Korean singer will be playing Yeung Guo in Taiwan's latest adaptation of ROCH. I hope it's just a rumor because Rain Bi like Richie Ren does not have the look. I think Louis Cha is going to object to this.

Demi Gods and Semi Devil mainland version was awsome. I would consider it to be the one of the best Ancient series of all time.

I also thought that Zhou Xun played the perfect Huang Rong in Condor Heroes 2003. She was better than Athena Chu and Barbara Yung.

As for you Shy, Wow, beautiful, intelligent, psychotic and enjoys watching ancient TV series?? I'm speechless...lol ...don't worry...its a good thing lol. One more thing... Liu Yi Fei is way hotter than Yang Mi. Also we share the same last name. Gotta support the Liu's.

11. peachey

peachey Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, I was just about to start a thread for Chinese Paladin and Yang Mi! Grrr you beat me to it! But I'm glad you made this thread because I honestly think that many main land and taiwanese actors are not getting the recognition that they deserve. Mainland series these days are definitely better than hk ones, in so many aspects.

I originally wanted to creat a thread for Yang Mi because she's not as well known as Liu Yi Fei, who's currently on the top of the list in China.

As for the debate between Yang Mi and Liu Yi Fei... I like them both, but I hafta say that I like Yang Mi a tad bit more :p. This is because she has that I think look that looks good in almost any type of series, be it modern or ancient, whereas LYF just looks good in ancient. And LYF's innocent look makes her roles quite limited.

Anyway, enough of my ranting. Here are some pics of both: -tongue2

LYF-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

YM-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#11 peachey, Jun 18, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  12. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

I would like to watch non HK stuff, but since I cant understand Mandarin and generally subs are only in chinese (which I cant really read), its too hard to watch anything other than HK Canto stuff

13. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

im surprised no one mentioned Ziyi Zhang yet :p

14. shadow Thi3f

Ziyi Zhang and Vicky Zhao are two of the most well known mainland actresses. Now more mainland actors and actresses are coming into the spotlight.

15. peachey

Hahah same thoughts here. My first impression when I saw pictures of the two of them together was that he looks way too old for her. I don't mind LYF's age much because in the novel, XLN is supposed to be in her teenage years (from 14-17 I believe?), which I think is the initial reason why the director chose LYF for the role. She fits it. HXM although he does look like a YG, the two of them just don't go together! haha so it's like they both fit their roles individually, but when put together, I just can't see any chemistry between them. So that's the only thing that bothered me about the series.

To be honest, I think LYF is the best looking XLN so far. And no doubt she looks good in ancient clothing! But, I like the '95 TVB version more because I like how XLN's character was portrayed there. Carmen Lee is very beautiful and I think ROCH was like the turning point in both hers and Louis's career. So we oughta give 'em some credit for that, even though I prefer HXM over Louis Koo :p. I also liked the version with Idy Chan....

lol okay, this is like turning into a ROCH thread. hahah

You really like LWOLAP more than TOB? I didn't like TOB that much, but I think it's better than LWOLAP. LWOLAP is sooo boring! I don't like Raymond's character in this series. He has the same expressions throughout the entire series and he speaks all mono-toned. And so does Charmaine! Bosco was the only reason why I managed to finish the entire series. But the story-line is good, I'll give it that.

Ahhh so I'm assuming that the director changed the storyline BEFORE he chose to cast LYF as XLN, right? And Rain as the next YG? What a joke! He should just stick with those teenage idol roles (full house). I can't even picture him wearing ancient clothing. Wouldn't that be funny if they casted Song Hye Go as XLN though? hahah I actually think she has the looks..... not too sure about the acting though.

Some more pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And I don't really like Zhang Ziyi >.<. I think she looks really stuck-up. I like Vicki though! :)

16. peachey

And more:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yang Mi:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. shadow Thi3f

Yeah I agree that LWOLP is boring at times, but i enjoy the storyline and the characters. Raymond's character had no personality, but Bosco was enjoyable to watch and I also liked Charmaine's character.

Actually the director based ROCH 2005 on Louis Cha's latest revision. Cha made a few changes for XLN's character to give her a bit more of a personality. I think Liu Yi Fei was hand picked by Cha himself to play the role. Who can argue with the creator about his decision??

I think Yang Mi looks a bit like Fan Bing Bing who is another mainland actress. Hey Peachey, you ever heard of Huang Yi (Betty Huang)?? She was in the Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon TV series. Post some of her pictures up if you have them.

Gotta admit that the mainland actresses are pretty cute.

18. Lychee

Lychee Well-Known Member

Woah this Huang Xiao Ming guy is HOT STUFF (especially in the pictures where he's dressed in black)! Can anyone post up more of his pictures? :D We need more guy pix!!!

Now I really want to watch ROCH. Yang Mi looks likes this one girl that I used to go to school with -what?

19. peachey

Fan Bing Bing? Really? I see no resemblance whatsoever. I think Yang Mi looks much better. Never really was a fan of FBB -_-2. And yes, I know Huang Yi. Very pretty girl! I haven't seen her in a while though. I think the last series I saw her in was that one with Jordan Chan... which was like 3 years ago. Buy anyhow, since you requested, here are some of her pix:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. peachey

more...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]