[HELP] rebooting back Xp from vista?

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by turbobenx, Jan 14, 2008.

1. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

Guys, i need alot help with this if possible. I upgrade my notebook's XP to Vista ultimate. i've tried everyway there is to reboot it back to XP, becuase Vista suk balls. Im not good wit computers so i need yall help. So is there anyway to change back to XP witout getting a new hard drive or wateva?

2. jmcd4ever

jmcd4ever Well-Known Member

Did you fromat over XP when installing Vista? If not try booting into safe mode and go into recovery disc to select a date before vista was installed and hopefully you can boot XP again.

3. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

yes, if you have a recovery disk, or redownload a version of xp. vista don't suck.. once sp1 comes out everyone would get vista.. since its made for gaming.

4. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Vista does suck. Its an inefficient and unstable OS. As for SP1, I think I'll still be sticking with XP with the way things are going. Gaming is not a major concern of mine and probably the same thing goes for the majority of computer users.

5. runtohell121

well.. Vista SP1 got a huge review on a newspaper which is SingTao lol.. made for gaming :D

6. BigC

BigC Well-Known Member

^^ I'll still stick to XP.

7. jmcd4ever

jmcd4ever Well-Known Member

Make XP look like Vista by dl themes. You can even get the cascading and transparent multiple windows.

8. ^ i lol'd. the point is, vista sucks performance wise, not about looks lol

anyways, speaking of inefficiency, ive noticed that nowadays, coders waste so much resources.. they come up with shit that just hogs processing power and memory... back then, when you only had a few kb to work with, they took advantage of every single byte.

9. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

The way it looks isn't the problem with Vista; it's how much resource it sucks up.

10. runtohell121

i would be using xp if i found out it was that much annoying.. with the validate key for xp... i've been having problem everytime i want to upgrade my comp.. so im sticking with vista ultimate.. lolz

11. oh crap I'm in the same situation as you... well minds a bit more complicated..

few minutes ago I was trying to uninstall my friends vista and install xp... however I couldn't get it to format and now I accidentally deleted the vista bootfile...

so what can I do now? i need to format the damn thing but when I type format c:\ in the xp repair disk mode, it says 'cannot format removeable disk' which just confuses.. I mean how could it be 'removeable'??

anyways I think with your problem turbo, you can easily fix with http://www.vista4beginners.com/How-to-Uninstall-Windows-Vista

12. runtohell121

just delete the entire computer files:D hehee lolz

13. lee-lee

lee-lee Well-Known Member

i agree with turbo, vista does suck balls

14. runtohell121

heh.. i feel sad:( no one on my side!!! :'( lolz vista is still new... well kinda..

15. thing is.. I can't quite seem to get it to recognize theres actually a drive there... =/. yall think I should pull out the harddrive and format it on another comp?? think that'll work?

cause now I can't even get it to boot.. >_<

16. runtohell121

great.. first please install vista then partion the hd on vista program at start, right click on my computer, then manage... god.. XP, you have to do it the hard and long way probably lolz.. dual boot to me is useless.. so i didn't even bother to do that.. i have 2 seperate partion hd.. which its 115gb and 117gb.. i was planning to do a dual boot.. but got lazy and seems way too pointless

17. yea.. i'm trying to do that.. but when I go to install.. it doesn't seem to recognize the drives and shows buncha unknown partitions.. =/

18. no.. I can get it to boot with the xp disc.. just when I go to install and asks to select drives it just says unknown partitions.. =/

i dunno imma have to try it again tomorrow.. i might have to try n take out the hdd and see if i can stick it in my other comp..

19. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

when u get to the unkown partitions, is there an option to create partitions? from there u should be able to format...

20. hmm ok.. i guess i'll give it another go tomorrow..