[HEALTH]What exercises can I do to tone up my hips and thighs?

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by mystery, Apr 7, 2006.

1. mystery

mystery Well-Known Member

Any suggestions?

2. areyouabitch?

areyouabitch? Member

sit ups, push ups, jumping jacks, hoops, excerise...eat less and you'll lose like about 1 a week, listen to me!!

3. shy

shy Well-Known Member

Do leg lifts and lunges for the thighs. Also, if you are at a gym, you should try to do the leg adduction/abduction machines...they're normally two machines, but they are great in toning up the thigh muscles, both inner (adduction) and outer (abduction).

Anerobic activity can burn 9 times as much body fat for every calorie expended as compared to aerobic exercise.

What you need to do, if you want to lose fat and gain muscle tone without bulk, is combine some resistance training with some cardio. Running, for example, is a great cardio activity if you want leaner legs, but it doesn't give them tone. For tone, you can do some squats and lunges with light weights a couple of times a week (make sure a trainer or teacher shows you proper form). You also need to make a commitment to exercise. Can you devote an hour, three to five days a week to exercise? If you really want results, you'll try for five days a week, but always remember to take a day or two off weekly to give your body time to rest and recoup.

4. bokchoyjai

bokchoyjai Member

I do a lot of cardio, such as using the elliptical and afterwards, I "run" on the track. Running on the treadmill works too, but I don't do that.

Playing sports is another alternative if you don't like running. Volleyball (not recreational), basketball, or anything that requires a lot of running.

5. hiyoo

hiyoo Well-Known Member

edit:zzz

#5 hiyoo, May 2, 2006
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
  6. poseidon

poseidon Member

biking is a good exercise for hips and thighs, but don't sit on the stool. stand up a little bit, lower your upper body and paddle with your upper leg.