Having sex before marriage

Discussion in 'Love and Relationships' started by Raymond_Cheung, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Raymond_Cheung

Raymond_Cheung Well-Known Member

Having sex before marriage is not done in our family. My parents get crazy when they found out that my sis have slept with her boyfriend. I live in the Netherlands and I have had Dutch gf as well as Chinese gf. I have noticed that the Chinese girls are not very open for this, they won't get a step further then kissing, while the Dutch girls are much more opener for this. Let say if you have a relation for a week they will sleep with you. Probably it is the culture I dont know. I wonder how it is with your guys/girls? Having sex before marriage is that still taboo, or are we living in a world that is very normal?

2. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

lol ur sister is a slut ;) jks jks....sex b4 marriage exists to me =)

3. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

To a Chinese family, particularly a traditional one, it is still very taboo because sex before marriage is a disreputable thing (another reason why traditional parents are so against co-hab, because co-hab is an excuse to have sex from the prying eyes of parents :p)

People gossip about a female who is not a virgin before her "first night" in marriage, it is extremely embarrassing to both parties' (the wife and the husband) parents... And female are usually inflicted with double standard because it is easily shown whether it was her first night...

I do not believe that gender equality is forecoming in the next millennium :(

4. bbes

bbes Incredible

or shes with u for the money and doesn't rele like u lol. jokes.

5. smallrinilady

smallrinilady Well-Known Member

My family is christian, but at the same time very open

so although my parents wouldn't say encourage it, they expect them to have sex before marriage
    espeically since my sister and her bf were living together

they just hope that dating is a very serious issue with them, therefore they will only date people who are potentials for marriage

6. skid

skid Well-Known Member

my parents don't care, just don't let them see me doing it thats all
    Most girls i know don't follow the no sex before marriage thing, but i do find the chinese girls are a bit more reserved than other asian girls, with a few exceptions of course.

7. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

first of all...how old are u?

ehmmm....cuz honestly...i dont know where u find these chinese - dutch girls....but i myself do not know (IF ANY) who dont go further than kissing...but probably cuz im much older than u are....

having sex before marriage is not taboo for some chin parents i think....but they just dont wanna hear anything or notice anything and pretend their daughter have never held hands with any guy before...even if their like 20ish

anyway, its true that the chin - dutch girls are more conservative than dutch girls but i dont know ANY girl who wants to save herself for after marriage...
    most of them just wait until they love someone and wait for the right guy i think....some of them sleep around...

btw....funny i know a ray cheung in NL too...but im 10000% sure ur not him :p

8. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

One of the principles I have is having sex after marriage, shouldn't have sex only for fun, you don't know what mess you might end up with.

9. Raymond_Cheung

I am not an adolescent anymore I am 25, so I dont think it is the age. I have had 3 Chinese gf in the past. The last one was a year ago and she is mine age. Maybe it is coincidence and I met the conservative ones. But you live in the Netherlands too or do you only have friends there?

10. dutch chinese r more conservative eh?? u should move to HK... the celebs r having loads of fun... only joking... don't kill me...

anyway... i think it seems fine as long as both parties r over the age of consent, know exactly what they r doing n not pressured or forced into it... and most importantly USE PROTECTION!!

11. KraziiVtGrl

KraziiVtGrl Member

Well, i thought my parents were like that cuz they are asian parents but when they found out they were very supportive....and i guess maybe ur gf is a virgin..it take a little more time...i think if people feel they trust u more then they are more likely to open up to you..Me and my boyfriend are really realistic..we don't believe in sex after marriage..and we don't think we will even get married...weird how we are together..=P

12. MissCheekS

yeah...im am from NL too...
    im quite surprised to hear ur already 25 to be honest.... thought ud be really young because i dont see chin in NL as extremely conservative

13. ^ lol itd be hilarious if you two were actually friends in real life

14. Just curious... how does ur parents find ou t??

15. MissCheekS

nah...im sure hes not...the one i know wasnt dating a virgin -whistle

who u talking to babes?

16. Raymond_Cheung

Lol I dont think so If I know MissAngieCheekS, I will have discussed this in real life with her.

They found some pills in her room and the inscription tells the rest.

@MissAngieCheekS maybe you live in 'de randstad' and I live in the east 'Overijssel', where the ppl are more conservative.

17. MissCheekS

i dont live in randstad...i live in south east of NL...but overall i think all the chinese girls in NL are pretty much the same...
    not generalizing but the dutch-chin ones ive met....conservative compared to real dutchies.... yes...

so hey anyways....does it bothers u that dutch-chin are more conservative than dutchies?

18. she can easily say it's for her skin problem or to balance out her hormones n regulate her periods... -tongue2

19. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

well u see dating is like 使用期, u have to know that ur partner is good in bed before u can marry them , i mean , its not like u can divoice if they dont statify your needs

20. hahaha... just go to a sex therapist if they r not good... only cost $200 an hr -lol