Have anyone been in Czechia?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Candyshots, May 24, 2007.

1. Candyshots

Candyshots Well-Known Member

Hello everybody.

I'm going to Czechia - Prague next week and will be staying for 3 weeks.

Have you been there or read some useful repotage about Prague? Please give me some suggestions of things to do/see/eat/try etc =)

//Candy

2. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

czechia?? lol WTFF..........y u goin everywhere....bring me with u

3. Candyshots

Hai mm hai ah? Lets met in Prauge then =P
    Don't "fang fei gei" this time. You made me look like a fool in NYC while I was waiting for you -lol

4. don

don ello

nope, never been there.....

5. ImInLove

ImInLove Well-Known Member

I have been to Prague two years ago with school for a week. although it was winter and there was a lot of snow, prague is a beautiful city.Especially at night, all the bridges were lightend and the churches looked like castles from a fairy tall story( in the night though, by day it was just a normal church)

The food is cheap (although two years ago it was, now I don't) for a pizza and a coca cola you pay 5-6 euro. We had also been to a beer brewery but I can't recommend you to go there, it stinks!

The people are not so very nice, some friends and I got lost and we wanted to ask the way to a passer-by. But all of these people just walked through and didn't even listened to us.

ow and don't be alone in Czechia. A nigth we went out with almost all of the students ( abou 30 people) We walked together from the hotel to the disco. I don't know what happened but a classmate (male) was missing and nobody had seen him. Around 2 am we took the taxi to the hotel and when we came in, we saw him sitting there, his face was all white and his eyes were red. And what happend? When we walked from the hotel to the disco, he lost the group and couldn't find us (he walked too slow)Then two men threatened him with a gun and he had to give all his money. Then the two men also forced my classmate to sniff some white powder ( what it exaclty was, nobody knows) and then punched him and ran away. My classmate had no money and didn't know the way back to the hotel. Luckily he met one of his friends ( who didn't go to the disco) after a while and they took the taxi together to the hotel. The teachers immediatly took him to a hospital for research what that stuff was, he had sniffed. What the result was, nobody knows except my classmate and the teachers. He spent that night in the hospital.

it might seem weird and unbelieveble but please be carefull.

6. ImInLove

ImInLove Well-Known Member

ow I forget, take care of your wallet and personall belongings. the wallet of another classmate was stolen when he was in a restaurant.

7. Candyshots

Ayo, it sounds scary. Sorry to hear about your friend and hope his OK now and doesn't has any flashbacks about the incidence.

Thank you for all the useful information "ImInLove"
    Hope you had fun there even though that happend.

Did you go to any museums or other highlights?

Thank you =)

8. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

Went to Prague years ago, and number one rule for an Asian looking tourist is: Watch your belongings!

(hey, I forgot this case in the 'have you ever been robbed thread' a while ago)

Thieves think the Asians are the easiest targets (and it's not only in Czechia ofcourse) and they've tried to steal something from my bagpack when I was traveling in a packed metro. A classmate saw it and warned me but I knew what they were doing and let them try as I didn't have anything worthwile in it (a vest, water and candies...) but the classmate kept saying warning about it loudly in the coupe and one of the 2/3 thieves spit in my classmates face when they left the metro.

Later on when we met our teacher and we told him about this incident and he confessed he almost got robbed when he was standing on the escalator, but he was smart enough to hold his bag tightly with him. (they tried to pull his bag off him)

Other than that, you can enjoy the different highlights in the city though! :) (didn't want to scare you)

We went to different museums (don't remember which ones), visited monuments, Prague Castle, Old Town, New Town, The John Lennon Wall (although Im not a fan of the Beatles, but we had spare time left) and Franz Kafka's grave.

9. Candyshots

Waaaaaa, hou hong bou ahh! I know that a lot of robbers prefer japanese since they never use creditcards when they are abroad and carry a lot of cash.

How could you be so calm? Haha, I would have run away =P

Thanks for all your advices!

10. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

whoaa candy how ya affording to go to all these places -huh its soo cool im so jealous of you

11. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

^The metro was fully packed so I couldn't run away nor turn my bagpack to the front side and I was calm because I know there wasn't anything valuable to steal for them. (they hadn't count on the idea I was with a group of Dutch classmates/friends as I was the only Asian looking one)

12. Candyshots

Aya, nga hou kan lek ga =) I work part time during period of studies and during vaccations I work in three different hospitals =P
    It seems like you want to travel around too. You should definitive do that if you got time and money =) It's sooooo much fun!!!

Ohh, you're cool! I'm gonna put all my money in my bra from now on hahaa =P

13. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

^Haha, yeah, spread the money over your pockets, don't carry too much in a wallet.

Have you seen this site yet?:

http://www.czech.cz/en/tourism-sport/

And what's the goal of this 3 week trip to Prague if you don't mind me to ask? Work, holiday?

14. Candyshots

^Yeah, I've gotto get an E-cup bra to fill all my hard-earned money haha!

I'm studing construction and design so I use to travel around to take some nice photos of buildings =) So it would be holiday combined with work =)

Thanks for the site. Do you like travleing too?

15. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

Oh I see, that's cool, combining work with holiday! So, out of curiousity, what kind of interesting buildings/architecture do they have in Romania, except for that Dracula castle? :D

(yeah I love to travel as long I have the money for it)

16. Candyshots

Well, that tripp was kind of a disappointment. The ancient constructiontechnique was just a collection of other europeanskills.

The best tripp ever was JAPAN!!! Their techniques are really amazing (both ancient and modern constructions). I really want to go back soon =)

Tell me about your best tripp =)

17. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

Not been in this country ... yet, so no advise on my side ...

18. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

just boook my ticket and ill pay u bak in 20 years lol

19. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

I hope that it is not in kind -evil

20. sp-lork

sp-lork Well-Known Member

O.O you practically travelled the whole globe!! *is jealous* D: