Grace Wong Fell in Love at First Sight

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, May 19, 2017.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

grace-wong-love-at-first-sight.jpg

A Fist Within Four Walls <城寨英雄> star Grace Wong (王君馨) attended an event yesterday to promote a line of new wedding biscuits released by Kee Wah Bakery. Reflecting her new status as a bride-to-be, Grace appeared in a beautiful cheongsam-inspired red dress with a plunging back.

The 31-year-old actress, who was transported to the stage on a Chinese litter vehicle, announced her wedding date to be on July 11, 2017. Grace and her husband, Daniel, will hold the ceremony in Hong Kong. The couple have invited a Korean artist to design the front cover of their wedding card, which will have their initials, “GD”. Grace pointed out that she is also a fan of the Korean pop singer G-Dragon, also known as GD.

Though both Grace and Daniel were raised overseas, their wedding will follow traditional Cantonese wedding customs. On May 20, her and Daniel’s family will undergo the final step in the betrothal process, exchanging gifts. Their actual wedding ceremony, however, will follow Western traditions. Grace said her bridal gown, custom-made from Paris, won’t be too revealing, as her husband doesn’t want her to look too sexy.

“He doesn’t want it to be too sexy,” said Grace. “It’s the beauty that counts. Don’t want people to focus too much on my body!” As for their wedding photos, Grace smiled and said that Daniel is rather shy, but she has told him to practice his “chok face” for their wedding photoshoots.

It was love at first sight for Grace and Daniel, who she met over 12 years ago. Recalling the moment, Grace said, “It was at a cafe. I was the waitress and he was my customer. After our first meeting he went to check my shift schedule. Since then, he’d come to the cafe everyday and just sit there, pretending like he’s reading. He tipped me a lot! I could tell he was very nervous when he first approached me to chat. Every time we think back to that moment, we smile. That’s why we might consider having our wedding photoshoot at that cafe.”

Daniel originally wanted only a western wedding, but Grace felt that they should have a traditional Chinese wedding as well, for their parents. “My husband doesn’t understand it all, but in English, we have the saying ‘happy wife, happy life’.”

There is, however, one custom she may not follow. On the night before the wedding, the bride is expected to wear red undergarments under her kwa. Grace said she might wear a Western-style dress instead, explaining, “In Four Walls, Nga Lo’s entirely family was murdered on the night before our wedding day. That kind of left a shadow in me.”

Creds: Ming Pao