Going to night Club at NYC with 2 friends.

Discussion in 'Traveling Abroad' started by Aznmask, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Aznmask

Aznmask Well-Known Member

Any suggestion for Night club at NYC. I'm going to Manhattan area.

Anyone have any recommendation?

Hotel?

2. reno

reno Well-Known Member

budget/type?
    1 oak is meant to have quite a few celebrities but u pay for that opportunity

ktown has quite a few - mainly all korean as expected
    meatpacking is relatively trendy, but cover charges are relatively higher too

marquee/circle - popular asian ones

3. Aznmask

sorry lack of information. We are going to NYC in December 22-23. So i will party on Saturday Night. We booked our hotel 10mins away from Manhattan.

We are thinking going to Circle, The Park, etc. (suggestion is welcome)

I wondering if those club offer the best experience for night life. I mean i'm not there to get a table or drop tons of money. I just trying to hit on girls.. left & right lol. jk. Just want to experience the club.

We have total of 3 ppl(guys) i wondering if Circle will let us in. I heard so much bad shit about Circle that they have attitude to let non-Korean guys in. Hopefully this not the case any more..

4. reno

reno Well-Known Member

should of stayed in manhattan =P

just depends on the club and time you go. if you're going to be hopping around, good luck trying to get into the later clubs with only guys
    guess if u get a table/bottle they'll do it differently. u may just want to go earlier and stay till later so u don't have to line up too much

1oak is v. pricey. think it was about 1.5k for table/bottle when friends went last time

5. cailini

cailini Well-Known Member

u def need a better ratio of girls to guys...

6. Aznmask

This is the most racist night club I had ever club.

We got there around 11:10pm literally the first people on the line. But they told us we don't have reservations and we need a table to get in. Sound very sketchy but whatever.

We learned that their admission is $40 each person. So we have 3ppl. The table is 300+ with a bottle of alcohol/fruits and waived the admission. But whatever we probably drink more than $150 drink.

Okay we got in the club and it kind of early. So we warming up and drink slowly since the club won't close until 4am.

The club layout was very cheesy and it was like they own by gangster. Lol.

conclusion - you might have fun if you are Korean. if you are not Korean you will require to get a table to get in and girls won't talk to you.

7. cailini

Where did u go? Koreatown?
    I've actually never been out anywhere outside of the meat packing district while clubbing in NYC.

8. Aznmask

Circle night club

9. From a clubbing business standpoint, when you run a club, you want to only cater to a particular niche of people. This sounds harsh and discriminate, but it happens all the time. If a group of bikers wanted to club, they'll kick them away like they did to this poor dude. Secondly, they need to keep the ethnicity ratio to as Asian as possible, because that's what the majority of the club's patrons prefer. It's all business. You cater to what your patrons want. If the majority of the patrons wanted a mixed ethnicity crowd, the club would have let people of different ethnicity in.

Furthermore, I'm assuming that this is one of the few Asian clubs in NYC? Targeting the Asian niche is one of the key selling points to stand out from other clubs. I would prefer to go to clubs like this just because I prefer a larger number of Asian girls. Does that make me racist?

Though Asians tend to be more particular about the topic of ethnicity, this situation really has nothing to do with racism. It's basic business. It's a shame people attribute it to racism, when the situation is more complex than it seems.

lol that Patrick dude's girlfriend just walked in the club leaving him just standing there hahaha.

10. i've never had this happen, typically when walking into a party we'd have a look and if its a crowd that we don't like we'd just leave. That club seems racist to me.

11. cailini

Not mutually exclusive... It can be the best buisness practice, but also be descriminating against certain potential patrons based on race.

12. Aznmask

idk what Dan tried to make.

I'm just saying these ppl said we need reservations while we was the only ppl on the line. if we are Korean I'm 100% sure they won't ask. I know business is business they tried to make a club with ONLY Korean ppl. (if that not consider racist then idk what is that)

I'm from Boston I don't know how things work in nyc. In Boston I walk to any night club with 3-4guys we won't have any problem.

13. cailini

That's Boston. I've never been to a Boston nightclub before, but from what I hear the scene in New York City is a lot more exclusive.

14. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

i wouldnt call it racist maybe exclusive in that case.

15. KT

KT H E L L O K T ♥

I agree with Dan. They are just trying to maximize revenue. If you aren't their targeted customer and you may risk them customer dissatisfaction (i.e. the customers think "if they let people like this in I will never come back again") they will charge you more so that they can earn more to make up for any possibly losses. The same goes for why you must have a 1:1 guy-girl ratio to get in to some clubs (sometimes even bars) in SF. Girls attract customers who want to spend money. If you have a sausage fest in there 1) The guys will think the club is lame and not come back. 2) No girls want to be in a sausage fest. 3) No girls for the guys to buy drinks and desperately try to impress = not as much revenue.

Moral of the story: be someone people WANT in their club (super good looking? looks rich? brings a bunch of girls even if they're ugly?)

Price discrimination, fool. They charge you what they think they can get out of you. Don't like it? Don't go in.

16. ^
    damn guess i am too cool or good looking to have been rejected from a club -blush

17. KT

KT H E L L O K T ♥

^If you see other people can't get in but you can then it is probably the case. If not, your club is just probably easy :p

18. i don't pay attention but i've club hopped many times and never really noticed anything. Maybe the trick is to never go alone

19. KT

KT H E L L O K T ♥

^Here for clubs if you don't have a 1:1 guy girl ratio it's super hard to get in unless you get a table. But my friends always get a table anyway lol
    As for bars, usually it's whatever but some of them need 1:1 and guys have to pay a cover charge even if you have a girl with you. LOL sucks