Girls are Hypocrites?!

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by mint_T, Mar 19, 2006.

1. mint_T

mint_T Well-Known Member

Found this is another forum and thought it was quite interesting...

Heres my rant :

Theres always a cliche with (some) girls that money is of no matter, or nothing else matters, as long as the guy loves her. I find this hypocrisy annoying sometimes.

Girls want the grandest of weddings, the biggest of diamond rings, special moments and such. You do realise these cost money, but yet find every opportunity to nag at your guy when he doesnt spend enough ttime with you due to work.

So the question is : If a guy cannot provide you with a comfortable home, has no ride, has no dough and needs you to pay for his meals BUT loves you deeper then how bees love honey/then the ocean then the sea/blar blar and is sensitive to your EVERY damn need, would you marry him?

Penny for your thoughts...

I'm a girl and money is the last thing on my mind when in a relationship. What do you guys/girls think? Is what he said true?

2. cewek

cewek Member

well if we're talking about marriage relationship, yes he's right.
    you want it or not, you realize it or not, money has a big part in a relationship.

I am a girl, and I dont want to marry a guy who doest have anything.
    we all still need to eat and pay bills, moreover when its come to children, money is everything. Its different matter if Im super rich (my own money, not parents), and I dont need a penny from him. money can be the last thing on my mind in marriage.
    believe it or not, money is one thing that can cause marriages to fall apart.

all couple(not just the guy), that can't afford a marriage life, they shouldn't get married.

So, my answer is
    1. No, I wont marry him, If my own income alone wont support a whole family.
    2. Yes, I will marry him, If my own income can support us and our children.

Love alone can't support a marriage, if you think it does, you are naive.

I think the question shouldn't just for girls, guys too need to think about it.

If you are a guy who doesn't have anything, you can't even support your own life, would you ask a girl you love to marry you?
    if you're a penniless guy, you have 2 girls love you, who would you marry, a penniless girl, or a girl that can support a marriage?

#2 cewek, Mar 19, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  3. donkeyhit

donkeyhit Well-Known Member

^
    ohh... nice response...

Well, my opinion is that one statment can't be judge to all the girls out there. While some may be true, and some aren't.

Therefore, it really depend on their own personaility

4. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

the guys a friggin idiot...hes generalizing.....its different....although what he said is true for some girls...its not true for all...hes prob just ranting cause some chick screwed him over...

5. shy

shy Well-Known Member

Now I ain't sayin' I'm a gold digga...but I ain't messin' with no broke niggas...

*laff* I agree with cewek. Every person be a girl or a guy needs to be self-sufficient. If a guy does not have a job, does not have a home, and is not actively looking for a job, then what good is he? There is a fine line between laziness and just bad luck, and if somebody is not actively looking for a job, then he is just plain lazy. So why should I support this person financially when he has arms and legs of his own??? So if I were to marry this person and if I were to make 2x as much as this guy, does that mean he has to love me 2x as much as I love him? Or, does that mean that for every year that I work, he has to work 2 years?

You have to bring something other than love to the table...I can find love from a self-sufficient person. The whole 'love will conquer all' theory is just BS. Love is not going to help you pay the bills, love is not going to provide you with food, love is most definitely not going to support you for the rest of your married life...

6. lionheart

lionheart Well-Known Member

hahaha, i find line hilarious!
    kayne west is wack, no offense. =P
    i remembered once he said bush doesnt care about black ppl on tv, lol

anyways back on topic.
    it is true that money is important
    but i think love is more important
    you dont need alot of money to live happily with the person you love
    you may be poor and such and still live happy

but..being a hyprocrite... i must say that...i heard it from somewhere..
    the more amount of money in the bank = the higher the commitment in a relationship... true?

7. shy

shy Well-Known Member

ahaha...of course love is important! But while money cannot buy you happiness, it can certainly buy you a lot of things that'll mask your sadness...

8. lol kanye is wack... he used to be tight back when he was spittin thru the wire... now he's just full of himself.

and uhh yea... to that guy who started the thread... get a job, buy a car, then worry about takin care of yourself before takin care of others...

9. Geek

Geek New Member

TBH, I find that money matters are different for different cultures and backgrounds. For example, here in the UK where most people are relatively well off it matters less. In China, I find that it is more important to people. That's just what I have noticed.

10. rNb99

rNb99 Well-Known Member

i'm the type don't like diamond rings, huge weddings....

11. howieEVO

howieEVO Member

That's what they all say.

I totally agree with what this one guy said:

12. jello

jello Member

well, i think it really depends on the girl. Some girls are more materialistic than others.

13. weiner_patrol

weiner_patrol Member

I would say all girls are pretty much materialistic...I mean seriously if a girl that is not materialistic and does not want or require anything...Why do they still come back after valentines day for things and saying how you never got her anything...(not me a friend). Anyways not even that, most girls after they gone past the stage of being a girl and becoming a lady, look for how fat your wallet is and how willing you are to give that to her...

Sorry if I offended people...

14. shy

shy Well-Known Member

It's not about how much money a person makes; it's about how much security a person can provide. Most will associate money with security, but that's not the case. Sure, we'd all love to be with a guy who has money to spare, but that's not everything. If a guy is rich but treats me like crap, I'd still kick him to the curb in no time. If I'm constantly in fear that he'll leave me for somebody else who is younger and prettier, then he offers no sense of security to me, despite his bank roll.

Many girls look for somebody who is able and willing to take care of her in the event that she won't be able to. And by taking care of a person, I mean... walk me to the doctor, change my diapers, etc... throwing money in my face won't get those tasks accomplished.

15. squall0812

squall0812 Member

Reallie depends on the girl. If she has a prada purse and is iwalking like a supermodel expect to have a lot of money to ask her out. Some chix r very clingy while others aren't it just depends on both your personalities and lifestyles.

16. gogo123

gogo123 Well-Known Member

AMEN! well depending on the girls though. but most of them say they are only in a relationship for "love", yet they go for any guy who can wine and dine them. At times I find them cheap la.

17. lilaznxbebe

lilaznxbebe Member

for me, i guess as long as we can live. love mean something but if we don't survive, how can we love each other?

18. tallgirl888

tallgirl888 Well-Known Member

I just got married and it's been difficult adjusting. I used to live at home and my money could be used for clothes, etc...

Now all my money is joint. I'm lucky that he takes care of it as he's been using it for investing and putting some towards our retirement.

Right now he earns more...but it's contract work, so it's not steady. No matter how much he earns as long as he knows how to spend/save the money, it really helps!

My shopping habits have changed to. As we live in a small apartment, unless I really want it or the quality is really good (no more cheap teenage/junior clothes) I've stopped shopping for clothes...

Wedding was large (250 people) but we did Chinese style and broke even (he's Caucasian - we did have a registry anyways).

Yes, we love each other. But if he didn't have a job or did nothing with his life, I don't think I would love him enough to marry him. Why be miserable all your life?

19. idazu

idazu Well-Known Member

haha... practical question.
    choosing between love n bread o
    they said... girl dat still in high school or studying will look for guys dat have good personality, while girl who work dy will look for guys dat hav dough of course....
    i think human will still need to be realistic lo...

think back, when the girl had marry to the guy, i cant see dat the girl will be happy cos she will cramping her head, thinking how to make more money to afford herself n her so call husband... n dat time i dont think love still exist ...
    having a person who can afford ur life, pay for ur meal, provide comfort home and watsoever.... uh... i cant see there isnt any reason for dat guy not to love that gal lo... think its better to find a puppy dat can cherish me all the time rather than a stupid husband.

grandest of weddings, the biggest of diamond rings, special moments... hmm..
    every girl will definitely think of these b4... too much of fairytale i think...
    but hey.. wedding is only once in a lifetime! i dont think dat would be too much or so call hypocrite cos it should be! not to say biggest diamond, i think as long as it is diamond then its ok as the meaning 'forever' still there.

#19 idazu, Nov 17, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2006
  20. kangaroo

kangaroo Active Member

love won't keep you from starving.