Gigi Lai's future husband spends millions on private jet for injured younger brother to attend weddi

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by jazlynnyee, Feb 3, 2009.

1. jazlynnyee

jazlynnyee Fantabulous!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Left to Right: Gigi Lai in wedding gown, Lai Ying (Gigi's Brother), Ma Ting Koeng (Gigi's fiancé)

Gigi Lai's future husband spends millions on private jet for injured younger brother to attend wedding

38 year old Gigi Lai suddenly announced her retirement from the entertainment circle last October, besides looking after her injured brother Lai Ying, she also will be marrying wealthy man Mr. Ma (Ma Ting Koeng). The most recent issue of "Sudden Weekly" (忽然1周) report indicated that the two will be getting married on the 22nd of next month in Sydney, Australia on Mr. Ma's mansion. Mr. Ma used $4.33 Million New Taiwan dollar (approximately 1 million RMB) in reserving a private jet, nurses, personal physical therapist in order to have Lai Ying being able to attend the wedding ceremony. Mr. Ma seems to put a lot of love towards Gigi.

Arranging Nurse and Physical Therapist
    In order to have injured Lai Ying to be able to fly over to Australia to attend Gigi's wedding, Gigi and Mr. Ma flew to Sydney earlier this month to prepare for their wedding and also sent Lai Ying's medical records to the local hospital. Because the flight to Sydney takes up to 8 hours, they were worried that the injured Lai Ying would not feel well, Mr. Ma took out a large amount of money in order to prepare a private jet, nurses and a physical therapist to look after him, very attentive of Mr. Ma.

Having their wedding in Sydney was because Mr. Ma wanted to keep low profiled and also because they were afraid the Media would come after them. Mr. Ma's family also has a lot of property in Australia, the wedding will be held on his Mansion, the attendees will only include family members and close friends. There will not be any entertainment circle individuals that will be attending the wedding, it is estimated that only up to 50 people are attending.

Wedding attire $21 million
    Gigi Lai's father worries that the wedding will get exposed to the press. yesterday he was asked about the private jet and the wedding, he constantly avoided: "Don't ask! I will not talk about it."

It is reported that Gigi's wedding will be wearing jeweleries worth over a billion dollars, and will look for the designer who designed Michelle Reis's wedding gown, Bonita's help. They plan to make a crystal wedding gown and 5 different evening dresses, totaling to NT$21 million (approximately 5.25 million RMB). After the wedding, she will be living in a mansion in Hong Kong that is worth more than NT$4 billion (approximately 1 billion RMB), definitely very luxurious.

The wedding ceremony will be held on Mr. Ma's mansion by the seaside, the guests will only be approximately 50 people. Because Gigi is afraid of exposure, she did not invite any of her friends from the entertainment circle.

[​IMG]
    Interior of the Private Jet

In the private jet, a king size bed is prepared for Lai Ying's comfort and he will also be getting treatment from a physical therapist for the entire trip to Sydney.

Source: Sina
    Translated by: aZnangel @ ******************/forums/

2. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

Hope she will be happy

3. monkey1980

monkey1980 New Member

Gigi is beautiful!
    I would spend that on her if I had that amount of money too! Pity I havent!!
    Has Mr Ma had an accident too or is he crippled?

4. Chibi12

Chibi12 Well-Known Member

Damn, I thought at some point when she retired she said she wasnt getting married?? Guess i got it wrong. But he seems to have spent sooooo much to get her brother to the wedding n everything he must really care for her, so all the best for her wedding!

5. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

I get the feeling that her new mansion will be like a hospital with lots of professional personnel looking after the disabled =/

6. Natsu

Natsu Well-Known Member

aww thats nice, he better treat her nicely and respect her for the rest of her life ~ shes sooo nice <3

7. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

whoaaa that private jet.....ubbbber jealous..!!!...

dun really like her dress though....its all puffy and bleh....mebe its the photo i dunno...

8. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

well .. what's money compare to love? Besides, she's probably bringing in millions if not billions of her own wealth.

9. shadowchi

shadowchi ~~♫ ♫ ♪ Himitsu ♪ ♫ ♫ ~~

That Ma dude, he looks so old and looks like he is crippled.
    Makes me think if Gigi is marying him because of his money, and sacrifice her love/ happiness. (Marying him, because she had some financial problems? -huh)
    . I am not her, so dont know what really is going on, maybe she really loves him (lets hope that).

(Random: lol, this mariage makes me think about those classic tvb drama series)

Ah well, all the best for her wedding =)

10. rockman3

rockman3 Well-Known Member

Its always about the money...!!!

11. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

congrats to her but her soon to be husband looks so old?!
    but hopes she's happy with him =x