Garnier Moisture Rescue Review

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by 1serenity, Mar 23, 2013.

1. 1serenity

1serenity Well-Known Member

IMG_5126[1].jpg
    While I was browsing at Shoppers Drug Mart a couple years back, I came across this new Moisture Rescue line that was newly introduced by Garnier. Out of curiosity, I purchased the Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream. It has a light grape scent to it (they added in grape extract into their formula) and comes out as a light green gel, but goes on clear. It's a rather light moisturizer, perfect for all skin types and is quite refreshing! On the packaging it advertises to be good for normal to combination skin, but for those summer days, it's good enough for dry to normal skin users. It applies on smoothly and absorbs quickly, as all gel-based moisturizers should.

I usually use it as a night cream and I find that it does keep my skin hydrated through-out the night. However, for those dry winter nights, I find that this product is not sufficient enough to keep my face well hydrate. They did come out with a new product in addition to this line, made in pink for dry skin. I am anticipating to try this product to see how well it works in comparison to this one that I already have.

Ever since my satisfaction for the gel-based cream, I was tempted to try their Lightweight SPF Lotion. With an SPF of 15, which is not really high, if you do not plan to stay out in the sun for long, then this is a good day cream use. The cream is white and has a light texture to it (for a cream that has SPF), just as their name states! It's not heavy at all and goes on smooth, not as well as a gel cream would, but rather smooth for one that is cream-based. The surprising part is, it does not have that sun block smell to it and it does not cake on like a lot of other moisturizers with SPF would! It too, has a light grape scent to it, however, not so refreshing as the gel-based cream. But beware!! For those combination skinned individuals, this is not what you would want to use for the summer. I found that it's likely to get greasy and oily with this moisturizer on. Although it is a lightweight SPF moisturizer, but the oils of the sunscreen will inevitably cause grease and oil. For those who have combination and oily skin, try to opt for a gel-based moisturizer.

Ones with SPF are hard to find, but I have found and purchased one by L'oreal called Hydrafresh Gel-Cream SPF 15. Tune in for updates on that~

view original post here: beautycrave.com/?p=32

#1 1serenity, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 4, 2013