Frilled shark - amazing...

Discussion in 'Japanese Chat' started by szetor, Jan 27, 2007.

1. szetor

szetor Well-Known Member

i posted this in the lounge.. but since it happen in jp.. i thought it would post it here

[​IMG]

Video:
    http://today.reuters.com/tv/videoChannel.aspx?storyid=1a194f615fd608c0c94bfeb678aed35b5d30e013

"Jan. 24 - A shark with the ugly proportions of the pre-historic era has surfaced near Japan offering a rare view of this denizen of the deep.

The "Frilled Shark" is hardly ever seen because its habitat is 600 metres or more below the ocean surface."

this happend in japans marine park only 4 days ago..

For some reason i find this very intresting...

"600 meters ore more below the ocean surface." its interesting to think about what lives down therE!

2. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

i love this thing, it is like a prehistoric monster. kinda reminds me more of an eel than a shark though. im sure the asians could make a nice dish out of it.. "Frilled Shark Fin Soup".

3. It ain't got the 'Back Fin' although you do make a tempting proposal... damn image it.. next thing you kno.. you have eternal youth eatin it or somethin.. -lol

4. Providence

Providence Well-Known Member

I was obsessed with this thing for the last few days. It's truly a beautiful creature.

5. korx

korx Well-Known Member

Wait is it dead in that picture or is it swimming? It looks upside down to me.

6. rNb99

rNb99 Well-Known Member

this shark looks so different to the other type of shark...looks kinda small to me..

7. sn3ky_x

sn3ky_x Active Member

i wudn't want2 get in way of that...lol

8. saiko

saiko Well-Known Member

amazing!

9. saikira

saikira Well-Known Member

that doesnt evn look like a shark to me, weird breed XD

10. Tassadar2k03

Tassadar2k03 Well-Known Member

o yea i heard bout this, but this is a sign that we r in trouble they have to surface beacuse the ocean tempature is rising n the plaent is chaging

11. gt05

gt05 Active Member

yeh tis quite small but damn ugly, u wouldn't wanna jump in da pool to swim, and the thing is in there too!

12. fook1228

fook1228 Member

is that fish real or fake.

13. xiaojia

xiaojia Well-Known Member

^ real. I saw it in the news quite sometime ago. O.. the first post is in Jan..

Its pretty cool.. cos it seems like it hasen't evolved much since prehistoric days.. maybe the environment 600m below has remained relatively unchanged.. and will be a really nice place to discover more ancient species. :)

14. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

I remember seeing weird fishes in deep ocean that were shown in Reader's Digest books couple yrs ago. Scary to think that there are things that we don't know lurking around in the water.

15. seer359

seer359 Member

Ancient fish like this scare the hell out of me. Before you know it we're going to have Nessies rising from the sea.

16. EvoDriver

EvoDriver Member

I'm surprise that it came up and wasn't dead since they are so used to the pressure from 600 meters down, usually they wouldn't come up.

17. tomatoman

tomatoman Well-Known Member

looks fake to me, sure its not some prank played by abusive kids on their pet fish??