Former President Roh Moo-hyun Kills Himself

Discussion in 'Korean Chat' started by ralphrepo, May 23, 2009.

1. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

I can't believe this... -shock

In a rush? For a quick synopsis, just read the red highlighted lines.

2. Raindropz

Raindropz Anemone--

Yea, I heard about this on the news too..I guess the pressure finally got to him..

3. subzor

subzor Well-Known Member

sure he committed suicide.... looks like a murder to me

4. ralphrepo

What makes you say that? Can you please qualify your suspicions?

5. tiffystars

tiffystars Well-Known Member

watching the news of this on bbc the other day was quite sad :( lots of people were crying..

on the other hand.. watching news about the new successor in north korea makes me think whether the son will just be like kim jung il <- not good.

6. D-Kimbo

D-Kimbo Well-Known Member

Yeh it was pretty sad...i watched his funeral on the news with my parents...it was quite long but heartbreaking...its unfortunate that he has to take the blame for his family's actions

in terms of successor for kim jong il...his sons arent fit to be leader....the elderest tried to escape to Japan a while back...im predicting that a higher up in the military will take over, if anything happens to kim jung il...not the youngest son

7. subzor

subzor Well-Known Member

all speculations from me, no hard facts but i just think its obvious that he wont suicide

remember that "apparent suicide" by the high executive in Freddie Mac this year.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/davidKellermann/idUSTRE53L2IB20090422
    this was obvious a murder. the guy is rich, has a good family, had a good career, but he suicides out of random during this financial crisis

8. Paranoidandroid

Paranoidandroid Well-Known Member

It's not "out of random". He was probably emotionally warped during the time, people don't think clearly when they're depressed. And don't forget the cultural factor, I'm not sure about Korea but Japanese people are known to commit suicide when they have shamed themselves.

9. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

It's indeed quite sad. I watched the funeral as well. When I was back in Yonsei university, he was quite popular. I agree suicide is perfectly normal when you shamed your family. However, I have noticed a lot of "suicides" in South Korea in recent years .. like those celebrities who hung themselves or whatever .. It's totally creepy and suspicious too.

10. OwerAidette

OwerAidette New Member

Former President Roh Moo hyun Kills Himself

The President of China can do alot more, he can just say, "I want to go to Mars because I think it would be fun. Get me there" With a controlled media and a rubberstamp legislature, he would be limited only by the economic capacity of China.

11. ralphrepo

I think you're in the wrong forum, LOL... :yes:

12. krazykorean85

krazykorean85 Member

wow i really need to catch up on korean news. holy shit its been almost an year and i haven't heard of this. oh wait, i'm stuck in middle of nowhere misery(missouri) so i don't hear much shit.

13. ralphrepo

Don't hear of much because you're 'stuck' in the middle of nowhere? Seriously, with the internet, there is no such thing as being in the middle of nowhere as long as you're on line. You just have to visit international news sites more often.