Female "Initial D"?

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shy, Jun 2, 2006.

1. shy

shy Well-Known Member

So word around the block is that they're coming out with a female version of "Initial D" with director Chun-Chun Wong @ the helm & starring Jolin Tsai and Stefanie Sun as the main leads.

Can anyone confirm this?

2. if its rumors then nothing confirmed :p

3. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

I doubt this is happening but if it is then i'll wanna watch it! jolin Tsai-drool

4. KK-chan

KK-chan Active Member

haha..doesn't seem right....
    Stefanie Sun? ..

they just gonna sing in mando in this movie or sth? ...

it might be cool..but i'd rather see like..actresses who can act do this....there are plenty of hot ppl out there besides these two :p

5. shy

shy Well-Known Member

Found the article:
    http://en.chinabroadcast.cn/3086/2006/05/30/44@96999.htm

6. lol which block!? yup this movie will probably most likely be made... I heard about this awhile back... and Jolin as main character... that would be pretty tight cuz she does have that kinda baddass look.. and Stefanie Sun... dunno much about her...

7. mint_T

mint_T Well-Known Member

a female version??? what for?? sounds kinda stupid if you asked me. So jolin's going to be takumi? -lol

I can't imagine jolin in that kind of role. And who is this Stephanie girl? I've never even heard of her before. She new?

8. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

[​IMG]

thats stephanie sun not new comer, more info here

sounds kool but i cant imagine jolin in that role as well -lol

9. if you think about it... the concept is just too good to pass up.

10. wha.. Joline would probably be a lot better than that asian chick from 2fast 2curious.. i mean furious...

11. mint_T

mint_T Well-Known Member

That's her?? She looks so... small? lol maybe it's cuz she's skinny. Is she a new actress? I can't imagine her ina car racing role either...

Man, these casting directors suck!

But at least it's not "Twins"... LOL that would be hilarious.

12. mystery

mystery Well-Known Member

I think it sounds pretty cool. hehe... I like Jolin Tsai.. she's pretty! And Initial D was sucha cool movie.

I wonder if the female version will make more money? haha I know a lot of guys will be interested in watching it. :p

13. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

that pic was from 2000

14. qpower

qpower Well-Known Member

Just imagine,... a female doing the drift and winning a race..

just amazing, lets hope they put one that can speak cantonese :p

15. tuckhoe

tuckhoe Active Member

if stepth act in initial D izzit this is her 1st movie,really curious about her dunno she can act anot :p

16. tuckhoe

tuckhoe Active Member

Just imagine,... a female doing the drift and winning a race..

just amazing, lets hope they put one that can speak cantonese

haha i can imagine the car they drive will not move in track :p
    i oso hope if got initial D in female actor hope they can speak cantonese,becoz jay can speak in cantonese hope they oso can

17. tomatoman

tomatoman Well-Known Member

waa.....u mean u guys dun know who is stefanie sun????

She is singaporean......damn good singing voice...think her album sale in asian can compete with jay's in asia....if i am not wrong.....her last album's sale matches those of jay chou's.....Think she won the last golden melody award (Taiwan's grammy) for best female singer.... Joilin's singing cant compete with her.....But like jolin...have acted before.....Man....u guys should definitely buy some of her albums. =.=" cant imagine any chinese listening asians not know her =.=".....

18. does she sing mandarin or somethin... maybe thas why I never heard of her -lol

if they do have a canton version I hope they took a lil more time learning it, cuz Jay's canton.. was jus unbearable -doh -lol

19. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

this should be interesting

20. Mystery Otaku

Mystery Otaku Well-Known Member

A female version eh? I saw Initial D just a few weeks ago and i thought it was pretty good, but watching 2 chicks racing might even be better xD I hope they can act though...