fear of escalator...

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by mingming2006, Jun 23, 2007.

1. mingming2006

mingming2006 Well-Known Member

i was goin around central london today, hopin if i was able to get some job interviews by handin out some resumes (cvs) to some high street stores...
    i walked in John Lewis, asked them about any available summer vacancies...they gave me a piece of paper, sayin no...n i was like -censored...they literally told me to -censored off with that paper...
    i walk out pissed, bt gt meself orange juice..
    went down the floors, then == > orange juice spills at 3rd floor in escalator, with havin a heart attack in the same time = ="...i thought i was gona be fallin and rollin down the escalator, bt thank god, i din ...
    bt b4, i admit, i was gona encounter a problem or two after seein escalators when i first used the london underground 7-8 years ago...><"

2. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

yea had the fear of falling from escalators when i was a kid gotta admit but now i can walk down escalators headed in my direction so yeah................

3. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

No office job for you in the future then.-what?

4. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

i have a fear of getting a shoelace stuck in the escalator and being pulled in lol

5. sp-lork

sp-lork Well-Known Member

^LMAO. i used to think that too..but now i know, i can just take off my shoe =]

O.O i guess you'll avoid escalators at all costs now...im more scared of elevators then escalators...><;;

6. mingming2006

mingming2006 Well-Known Member

lol it was jst that 1 time 2day, any other im fine with it...i jst hope i dnt encounter any other dodgy escalator like that again, lols...

7. reno

reno Well-Known Member

office jobs involve elevators/lifts that take u up to the top floor of a 40 storey building (or atleast thats wat u'd aim for lol)
    if its escalators... u mite b in the wrong office :p

8. ttl

ttl Well-Known Member

just close your eyes...=)

9. philostrate

philostrate Well-Known Member

i fear that my baggy pants hem will get stuck and tore my pants down lol...and in my place there were news of kids wearing those crocs shoes and their feet got stuck as well...scary....u just need to be careful...and stop for a moment before u step onto the moving steps...play safe as it can be severe if u really fall down...

10. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

You are lucky that London is quite flat. So office jobs for you will not be a problem. Unless you are looking for a office job in a HQ building. These building are tall and usually come with escalators. My office is at Bishopsgate. The escalators have a glass wall on one side, so a good view towards the street -evil

11. subaru3169

subaru3169 Well-Known Member

i had the same fear when i was little!!

my bigger fear when i was kid was when i take subway in hk.. coz when you're little, everything seem bigger.. so before you go on the subway, you have to step OVER the gap of the floor to the train.. so as a kid, that gap look very big.. i keep scare i will fall down!! -noclue-noclue

12. dragong87

dragong87 Well-Known Member

i still hav that fear of falling through the gap in when getting on trains.... :(
    i don't mind escalators if i don't look off the side... i hav a fear of lookin ova edges aswell... can't look ova platform or off escaltors... scared i'd fall... hehe

13. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

thats why you gotta love the big ones in the underground.... you always imagine slippin down them haha

[youtube]fFqQOlYE4EE[/youtube]

14. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

What kind of job you do Mav?-huh

15. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

I bet he works for a bank, like ABN Amro Asia. -rolleyes

Escalators aren't scary as long you make sure your shoelaces or a piece of your pants won't get sucked in the gaps on the sides. Lifts on the other hand can be scary. Once I was in a hotel and I had my room on the 5th (top floor) but I prefered to walk the stairs because I saw one of the LED displays on a lift making weird error signs. Other reasons to take the stars are tiny and or smelly lifts. -unsure (Can't expect Keanu Reeves to rescue me unfortunately)

16. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

^ No wonder Mav got the $$$$ to roll.

Hmm, seems like quite a few ppl has phobia here.-unsure

17. philostrate

philostrate Well-Known Member

once i nearly got dragged off by an underground train in my place...the train was automated and there's a period of 45 seconds for people getting on and off the train...i was standing at the end and was the last to disembark from it...that's when i was halfway out the door started to shut itself and it nearly clamped my backpack...luckily i was fast enough to dodge the door or else....

18. mooiced

mooiced Well-Known Member

I am always afraid that i would trip over and making everyone trip over me!

19. secluded

secluded Well-Known Member

I never had any fear of escalators...until I started high school because we use escalators to get around the school. Ever since I started, I've seen things like blood on the escalators and various types of shoes stuck in the escalators. There was also this girl that almost lost her toe....but I think that was just overexagerated -sweat

20. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

just hold onto the rail thats what you are suppose to do