Fala Chen lands role in Nicole Kidman-led series

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Mar 16, 2019.

1. [​IMG]

16 Mar - Hong Kong actress Fala Chen is doing well for herself, as it was revealed that she is starring in a new HBO series starring Nicole Kidman.

As reported on HK01, the actress, who is signed with United Talent Agency (UTA), will appear in four episodes of the upcoming miniseries, "The Undoing".

The drama is based on Jean Hanff Korelitz's 2014 novel, "You Should Have Known".

Based on the cast list, Fala will play the role named Jolene McCall. Other stars that have been cast in the miniseries include Hugh Grant, Donald Sutherland, and Lily Rabe.

Kidman plays the role of Grace Sachs, a successful therapist with the perfect family and career who finds her life in disarray after terrible tragedies befall her.

credits: cinema/sg.yahoo

2. eric62451

eric62451 Well-Known Member

uhhh... i really hope she does TVB dramas again or maybe hollywood movies... :(

3. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

Agreed but I doubt she'll do tvb I'm guessing she wants something with more class and better scripts. Would be interesting to watch her in this.

4. crasianlee

Ok I watched this, Fala's literally only in two scenes in two episodes for barely a minute....Her accent is a bit thick in it too, wasn't sure if it's real accent or what...The series itself is a typical white privilege rich persons series, glad it was only 6 episodes long.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  5. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

interesting .... anyone tells me which section she is in? dont really wanna watch all 6 epsiodes

6. crasianlee

First episode if I remember correctly it's like the first 10-15 minutes into and second episode I think it's almost the same....