Fala Chen joins "Godzilla vs. Kong" sequel

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Sep 3, 2022.

1. [​IMG]

Following the success of her first Hollywood blockbuster, "Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings", Fala Chen is set to join the cast of the upcoming sequel to 2021's "Godzilla vs Kong".

The actress shared the good news via Instagram on 27 August with a screenshot of a news article about her involvement, writing, "Very excited to join the Monsterverse! Don't worry, I'm not playing Godzilla nor Kong."

The announcement got the attention of many fans and friends, including Shang-Chi director Destin Daniel Cretton and the superhero himself, Simu Liu, the latter who commented, "OH LETS GOOO!!!"

The upcoming movie will see the return of Rebecca Hall, Brian Tyree Henry, and Kaylee Hottle as Ilene Andrews, Bernie Hayes, and Jia, with the addition of Fala, Alex Gerns and Rachel House.

The movie reportedly will see the two monsters teaming up to go against an unknown threat, while at the same time, it will also dig deeper into their origins.

The film is set to be released in March 2024.

Fala was most recently seen in the HBO series, "Irma Vep".

credits: yahoo

2. crasianlee

crasianlee Well-Known Member

I bet she's barely in Irma Vep, she was in one scene in the Undoing with Nicole Kidman...she's the token Asian I feel like when the show isn't full of Asians...

3. they add the asian actress for the chinese market 100%

• Agree Agree x 1