Europe Trip help

Discussion in 'Traveling Abroad' started by negiqboyz, Apr 27, 2012.

1. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

I am planning a trip to Europe ... anyone know the fastest and cheapest way ..

Here's the plan .. nothing permanent .. need suggs...

3 weeks

Amsterdam (3) London (3) Paris (3) Lisbon (2) Barcelona (2) Berlin (2) Rome(3) Athen (2)

Flight - USA - Amstedam
    Flight - Amsterdam - London
    Train - London - Berlin - Paris
    Train - London - Paris
    Train or Flight? - Paris - Berlin - Lisbon
    Train or Flight? - Paris - Lisbon - Barcelona
    Flight - Barcelona - Rome
    Flight - Rome - Athen

thx ya'll

2. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

Cheapest way would be with Ryan Air... as for Train I believe a single train pass can get you to all those places.

I don't know enough about traveling in Europe to be much help, just wanted to say this would be like my dream trip. Hopefully you can get the logistics worked out :)

3. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

if i were u id just pick out places where ryan air or easyjet fly to... their very cheap... like €50 to get from london to ams or ams to italy for example... depening on when u want to go... u shld go to their website n check that out...

i never travel by train when i go on citytrips europe cuz flying is so inexpensive... and i usually book accommodation with bookers.com u might wanna check that out as well

4. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

Yeah .. I am looking into Ryan Air ... I was hoping someone here who are local and help with which best way to get around ... like from London to Paris .. it's better by train since you get off in downtown area rather than going to the airport and wait and all that .. airport is usually away from the city so it's like another hour trip each time. Thx ya'lll.

5. dddancer

dddancer Member

Have a nice trip!

6. Crystal84

Crystal84 Well-Known Member

When is your trip? Here my suggestion:

Flight: USA -- Amsterdam
    Flight: Amsterdam -- Berlin
    Flight: Berlin -- London
    Train: London -- Paris (Takes you about 2 hours on the Train and will take you into Central Paris)
    Flight: Paris -- Lisbon
    Flight: Lisbon -- Barcelona
    Flight: Barcelona -- Rome
    Flight: Rome -- Athen

Flying is the fastest way, but the trips to the airports where those "Cheapo" Airlines (they are good, nothing to worry about) are landing can be pricey.
    For example: London -- Berlin

To get from Central London to Stansted Airport (London's Airport where all those discounter flights are) you will need to pay at least £40 - £50 for a cab, unless you go by bus, but I do not consider bus as a "fast" way. Cab takes about 40min, and bus around 2 hours which would make a big difference in the overall travel time. Well, landing in Berlin you need to get from there to the city as well.
    Just bare in mind that Discounter flight themselves are cheap, but the location of the airports are normally much further away then the normal airlines.

So please do not just take the cheapest flight from Ryan Air/Easy Jet/AirBerlin and consider also the other airlines. You need to look on the maps where those airports are.