Eric Tsang denies TVB desperate for ratings

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by shinobi, Jun 18, 2022.

1. [​IMG]

Eric Tsang has recently dismissed the notion that TVB needed outside help in order to improve their viewership ratings.

As reported on Mingpao, the producer-turned-general manager of TVB, who appeared at the launching ceremony of the new series, "The War of Beauties", was asked whether the decision to hire film director Patrick Kong to helm the project was a desperate attempt to boost the ratings.

"No," said Eric. "I was a filmmaker myself and I wanted to bring a new system to TVB."

He stated that a series usually takes almost a year from its filming stage to its airing date, and that he hopes to shorten the time period so that they will have fresh new dramas for the audiences.

"Patrick will begin filming this month, and I hope it will be given to me in October. I hope to bring the spirit of movies into TVB and would invite more directors to help in the future," he said.

On the other hand, Patrick, who is most famous for his Stephy Tang/Alex Fong-starring projects like "L for Love L for Lies" and "Love Connected", stated that he is thankful to Eric and TVB Executive Virginia Lok for the opportunity to helm a TVB drama.

"I grew up watching TVB dramas, so it has always been a dream of mine to direct a TV series," he said.

The upcoming series co-stars Jeannie Chan, Moon Lau, Hera Chan, Joel Chan and Alex Fong among others.

credits: yahoo

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

I think it's a different generation for TV ratings now. The younger generation aren't typically going to sit in front of a TV during dinner time to catch shows. They would either watch clips of it on Youtube or just watch the whole thing online. And I'm sure their online app have their own view tracking

• Agree Agree x 2